Honored Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: NECKLACE LENGTHS & STYLES

Interesting article.  Long necklaces are shown dangling from the neck of small bosom women.Wish it took that into consideration.

Respected Contributor

I like my necklaces to be high (around the collar bone), as I wear mostly open collar tops.....no sweaters or turtlenecks.  I'm a very small boned thin person, and I can't wear anything over 16" or it's way down low on me and looks funny down there.  I usually wear a pendant on a 16" omega.  The common 18 or 20" necklaces just don't work on me.  A 16" is hard to find......seems like everything is supersized these days.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

I used to collect intersting items I came upon.  I have festoon and lavaliers.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@2blonde wrote:

I like my necklaces to be high (around the collar bone), as I wear mostly open collar tops.....no sweaters or turtlenecks.  I'm a very small boned thin person, and I can't wear anything over 16" or it's way down low on me and looks funny down there.  I usually wear a pendant on a 16" omega.  The common 18 or 20" necklaces just don't work on me.  A 16" is hard to find......seems like everything is supersized these days.

@2blonde

It's interesting how much difference an inch or two can make.   Ha ha.     Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@traveler  Hi. If you have a larger bosom and feel a 36" chain doesn't hang straight down, try 24". It stops just above the the bust, but gives the longer look.

Honored Contributor

@2blonde  On yesterday's Steel by Design show, I ordered a goldtone & stainless (white) margarita chain in 16". I plan to wear them together for a two tone look. They were $17 ea. & avail. in rosetone and many lengths.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  Thanks, Shanus.  QVC is one of the very few places where I've been able to find 16" necklaces, especially the omegas.

Laura loves cats!