Honored Contributor

My "Vintage" Diamonique Heart Pendant

It's quite old, have no idea how old. 14 kt. I wore it yesterday. I love the simple beauty of it, and to me it absolutely looks like real diamonds. The quality is excellent.

More than anything else, it's so special to me because my Mom gave it to me. She gave me several Diamonique pieces, including a tennis necklace.

20210214_174145~4.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Re: My "Vintage" Diamonique Heart Pendant

@Greeneyedlady21 

Wow --- that IS beautiful!  It does look real!  I am reading that diamonique is just not what is used to be.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've purchased several Diamonique pieces over the passed few years. The stones seem the same as they used to be, but the settings are more lightweight...less metal. I've used the stones and reset some of the pieces in heavier settings and they are perfect. I did them myself...wouldn't pay someone else.

I'd pay a few dollars more if they would "beef up" the diamonique settings, especially the width of the metal on solitaire ring bands. No one would purchase a real 4 carat ring with such a thin shank. 

BTW, @Greeneyedlady21 , your heart pendant is a beauty!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21, Your heart is beautiful.  More importantly, it belonged to your dear mother.  That makes it a treasure.

I particularly like diamonique earrings and have a collection.

I am happy with them and have given them as gifts.  

Honored Contributor

It's beautiful, so glad it gives you sweet memories.

I have a 5 stone, marquise cut, graduated stone ring in 14k

It's stunning as well.

I bought it in the late 1990s

I paid $99 for it, which at the time I thought was pricey for "fake" but I do not regret the purchase.

Thanks for sharing your picture and backstory

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a few  Diamonique 14Kt  pieces, bracelets , crosses and earrings that were purchased 25 yrs ago  at the studio store .

Recently  ordered a piece  to give as a gift and it was so cheap and flimsy that I sent it back.

Esteemed Contributor

You had a nice mom with beautiful taste.  Wear with joy.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21, Your heart is beautiful.  More importantly, it belonged to your dear mother.  That makes it a treasure.

I particularly like diamonique earrings and have a collection.

I am happy with them and have given them as gifts.  

Thank you Pam. My Mom actually gave it to me as a gift, birthday or Valentine's Day sadly I can't remember which. She had a few DMQ pieces of her own, I love those too.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Here's mine! Kathy sold it to me (I mean DH) years and years ago. Diamonique was SO nice back then. I wear it every Valentine's Day. I love all my vintage diamonique.

Image result for vintage diamonique heart pendant

Trusted Contributor

Lovely, I love heart jewelry. That is a great pendant.

I have a small heart shaped diamonique pendant, 14K. Maybe 1/2 carat. Every time I wear it I get compliments assuming it is real. It has the same clarity and shine as it did when I bought it from the Q about 20 years ago.