Esteemed Contributor

Re: My TSV Diamonique Bracelet Broke Already!!!

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

I've never had a sterling silver tennis bracelet break.  Try an exchange if you like it.

@Sammycat1 Best tennis bracelet ever is Judith's ice cube bracelet!!  

@Blingqueen023, it is definitely in my all-time top 5!

Regular Contributor

I got mine today. Stones are very sparkley. Clasp was not great. Sent it back for exchange for smaller size and asked if they could check clasp before shipping. 

I love tennis bracelets! 

Trusted Contributor

Well, I returned my broken one and asked for it to be exchanged for another as it is so pretty.  

HOWEVER, go read the reviews.  Seems like I'm not the only one that got a bracelet that broke after wearing for only minutes.

When I get the replacement, I will definetly be wearing it every single day to "test" it.  If it breaks again, I will have to look elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Virtually every one of the silver tennis bracelets I've ever bought have broken berween the links.  The metal is soft and can't withstand the twisting and turning of the wrist.  I generally have worn them 24/7 but they never get a vigorous workout.  I no longer buy them. 

Thank you @Kachina624. This is exactly the point I was making in another thread about silver being a soft metal to hold real diamonds.

A good, heavy piece of silver can hold a turquoise or other stone of substance if fabricated correctly. I prefer a bezel setting. When cheaply done, not using enough metal (not thick enough), yes link style bracelets will break with everyday wear and thin prongs will also not hold the stone securely. 

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

My Sterling ones from years ago have never broken.   Maybe you got a bad one.  

@GSPgirl  In my experience lately w/ Q silver jewelry, there are only a few designer lines that are substantially made. Diamonique is not one of them. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  I closely examined my last broken Diamonique bracelet and discovered that the links were thin as paper.  As I twisted and turned my wrist it just couldn't withstand the movement.  I think wearing them to bed is especially hard on them.  I tend to put one on the day I get it and never remove it.  This is a bad idea. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Shanus  I closely examined my last broken Diamonique bracelet and discovered that the links were thin as paper.  As I twisted and turned my wrist it just couldn't withstand the movement.  I think wearing them to bed is especially hard on them.  I tend to put one on the day I get it and never remove it.  This is a bad idea. 

@Kachina624  Yes it is. I got in the habit many years ago when I came home (if in for the remainder of the day/night) to take all jewelry off...even wedding rings & earrings & I have an antique tray on top of my dresser where I keep my every day jewelry. I think it became habit because I never knew when I'd go up to my studio & many rings/bracelets have been lost & ruined in the acid "bath". After jewelry comes off, the bra comes goes, too! Hate those things...medieval torture. Lol