Regular Contributor

Re: My Saint My Hero - Religious Jewely

Absolutely right QVC holds no gun to no one's head but if they did sell guns people would buy them and then they would wonder why they had been shoot with the guns people had bought....God forbid you sell religious items that cost the equivalent of a tub of body butter but by golly let's sell guns to the whole neighborhood at the W!! 

Trusted Contributor

so let me get this correct, buy this inspirational jewelry and it will protect you, and then the company can get a 95% profit. (based on their comment that 5% goes towards a charity) I can't be the only one that smells scam here!

Occasional Contributor

I have no objection to religious items being sold on QVC (I am Jewish) however... to make it the TSV with the many, many showings all day long, definitely keeps me from watching QVC today.

Super Contributor

Ditto.  Because you know, it will be presented all day long. I wonder if there will be any hosts who will feel less than comfortable presenting this. The vendor seems to be into it, so I guess the host will just sit there.

Trusted Contributor

Religion sells.

Honored Contributor

@willomenia wrote:

so let me get this correct, buy this inspirational jewelry and it will protect you, and then the company can get a 95% profit. (based on their comment that 5% goes towards a charity) I can't be the only one that smells scam here!

@willomenia ITA! They are using religion to rip off customers. 

Valued Contributor

There is a long history of religious jewelry. I'm not sure how today is any different than selling gemstone crosses etc. Some people prefer a religious motif in their jewelry just as some prefer the glitz of diamonique. It's not my style but I bought two sets, one for each of my sisters in law who cared for my husband's mother until she passed at 92. They are deeply religious Catholics and I know they will love them. I can understand how non Christians might not be feeling this line of jewelry though but like many things on QVC, it might not be for you and that's ok. We would all be broke if we ordered everything. 

I do know that prayer works without anything else needed. Of course we don't need to buy anything to receive God's blessings but if someone needs a reminder and wants to buy a piece of jewelry to represent their faith that is understandable. I do wish they were sterling or goldplate over silver though, that is my biggest complaint but hey no one is forcing me to buy it.

I do respect Antonella for telling her line producer she would not discuss how many were sold or talk about money during the spiritual discussion with the vendor during the 9 am show. She actually said if people want to buy it they will and refused to do a hard sell. Based on the call in viewers this line of jewelry has been a blessing for many and in the times we live in that is not a bad thing.

Blessings to all of you whatever your faith or belief system. 

"The love you extend to others, will eventually find it's way back to you, no matter how many times it has left you hurt."
Valued Contributor

i see that this outfit has a booth at the JCK wholesale jewelry show in Las Vegas.  To whoever posted "religion sells" you are right on.  They've come a long way from the women stringing these beads in a village.  Good day to skip QVC

Regular Contributor

@kidznpupz wrote:

I saw that there is a TSV coming up for this jewely. It seems awfully expensive considering it's not sterling silver or even stainless steel. It's just costume jewelry and will break and turn green.

Very disappointed.

Agree!  I was surprised to see that their jewelry is just silvertone and goldtone metal.  JUNK..

Respected Contributor

@LuvSDshop @tammysu @Jannyg @SeaMaiden & others:

I wear top designer gold and sterling silver jewelry, including vintage.

I also appreciate the power of symbols (to the wearer), offering reminders, energy, smiles. I have a large collection of the My Saint My Hero bracelets (some of which I purchased directly from their web site). I wear them WITH gold, silver, gemstone bracelets and adore them. The tiny angel wing bracelet always makes me smile. The Benedictine cross is a general reminder to me to choose gratitude and resist "evil" (greed, blame, complaining).

I wear mine for weeks at a time, even in the shower and NONE of them has frayed. Still look like new. My students often ask about them. 

Whether the company makes money is not my issue. I know women who have little are compensated and enjoy their work, as well as the knowledge that other women (and men) are energized by their weaving.

For some of us, these are a delight.