Honored Contributor

Re: My Saint My Hero - Religious Jewely

It's blessing them. LOL

Honored Contributor

Oh, please.  That stuff is no different than Diamonique earrings and skinny jeans.  It's merchandise.  Apparently, inspirational jewelry sells well.  So, QVC gives the customer what the customer will pay for.  I truly don't understand this "canned" inspirational jewelry that thousands upon thousands of QVC customers own.  That's not what I think of as inspirational jewelry.  My inspirational pieces are very personal and mean something to me but they wouldn't mean much to another woman.  

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree, inspirational items comes in different forms to different people.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

As far as Roman Catholicicism is concerned, you cannot 'purchase' a blessing or time off for good behavior, otherwise known as an indulgence. That is why on most RC sites selling sacramentals (objects used to enhance the physical experience of religious worship, such as rosary beads, medals, statues, etc) the sacramentals are NOT blessed, but must be taken to an ordained RC priest for a blessing.

New Testament Scripture addresses the rich man buyiong his way into  Heaven in several places. We could only wish achieving eternal life was that easy-I'd say,'Sign me up!"

Frequent Contributor

I saw that there is a TSV coming up for this jewely. It seems awfully expensive considering it's not sterling silver or even stainless steel. It's just costume jewelry and will break and turn green.

Very disappointed.

Trusted Contributor

Not all moderators are equal.  Some may not really know what is allowed and what is not. 

Trusted Contributor

Some of these rules are ridiculous.  They have sucked the life out of the forums.  But we've discussed that before when they first changed the forums.  I feel they are their own worst enemy.   

Contributor

I was watching and they presented a base metal necklace w a little crystal of the Virgin's image in it for $200. I literally could not believe it; taking advantage of people's faith. I rarely buy from the Q anymore. It has changed for the worse.
Regular Contributor

Here are the charities from their site:

"City of Hope City of Hope Together we hold in prayer a future that is Cancer Free! 5% of Net Proceeds from our Pink Blessing for a Cure Benedictine Blessing Bracelets is given to City of Hope, Breast Cancer Research. 

OneLife LA My Saint My Hero is proud to support the OneLife LA campaign. A direct donation is made to this organization for every OneLife LA Bracelet sold. May we embrace life, defend life and celebrate life from conception to natural death.

Focus Fellowship of CathoFocus Fellowship of Catholic Students logolic University Students, inviting college students into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and His Church.

Inspiring and equipping them for a lifetime of Christ-centered evangelization, discipleship, and friendship in which they lead others to do the same. 5% of our proceeds from our Collegiate Blessings Bracelets benefit Focus Fellowship of Catholic University Students. 

Operation HomefrontOperation Homefront logo We support the charity Operation Homefront with 5% of Net Proceeds from our Blessing for America Benedictine Blessing Bracelets. 

Legionaries of ChristLegionaries of Christ logo Father John Bartunek is the author of our Benedictine Blessing Bracelet prayer card. It is with sincere gratitude for his words, his prayers and his spiritual direction that we lovingly offer a percentage of proceeds from sales of the Benedictine Blessing Bracelet back to the Legionaries of Christ."

Valued Contributor

How does this take advantage of peoples faith? QVC doesn't have a gun to their head.