Honored Contributor

Re: My Recent Diamonique Purchase

@bootsanne   I'm pretty sure that that is the former TSV that QVC screwed up and sent the wrong choices to people.  I ordered the heart but was sent the princess when it was a TSV.  They were all so mixed up that QVC immediately sent us an email saying it would be sending out the correct choice to us free of charge, which QVC later did.  I have to say I like the heart much better than the princess one, but I agree with your assessment of the ring.  

Respected Contributor

f@Trinity11 wrote:

@SANNA wrote:

@bootsanne wrote:

is going back.  I bought 2  J357655, 100 facet  halo design rings, one round, one princess.  Platinum clad.  I realize that these rings were inexpensive, but they look just plain cheap.  Like the kind you see at flea markets for $7.99.  Now I have old Diamonique rings , probably close to 30 years, that I wear with my real diamonds and they are still beautiful.  These 2 new ones don't even sparkle in direct sunlight.  So disappointed and $13.95 down the drain.  I guess I'll never learn.

I just received mine today. It is platinum clad, emerald/cushion cut. The stone is pretty sparkly, the band is simple but not obnoxious. After reading your post I started to doubt myself....lol... here is my picture with this ring.3B5FE566-E0A5-46FF-B4F7-027252FF05B1.jpeg

@SANNA , I think it is beautiful! I worked in the jewelry business for many years and I would proudly wear that. Wear it in good health.

Thank you very much!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@SANNA wrote:

@bootsanne wrote:

is going back.  I bought 2  J357655, 100 facet  halo design rings, one round, one princess.  Platinum clad.  I realize that these rings were inexpensive, but they look just plain cheap.  Like the kind you see at flea markets for $7.99.  Now I have old Diamonique rings , probably close to 30 years, that I wear with my real diamonds and they are still beautiful.  These 2 new ones don't even sparkle in direct sunlight.  So disappointed and $13.95 down the drain.  I guess I'll never learn.

I just received mine today. It is platinum clad, emerald/cushion cut. The stone is pretty sparkly, the band is simple but not obnoxious. After reading your post I started to doubt myself....lol... here is my picture with this ring.3B5FE566-E0A5-46FF-B4F7-027252FF05B1.jpeg

I think it looks lovely on your hand. I also bought this ring in the heart platinum to wear on my right middle finger. I love it! It looks so pretty. My husband said "that sure has a lot of sparkle!" No disappointment here.

Valued Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@bootsanne   I'm pretty sure that that is the former TSV that QVC screwed up and sent the wrong choices to people.  I ordered the heart but was sent the princess when it was a TSV.  They were all so mixed up that QVC immediately sent us an email saying it would be sending out the correct choice to us free of charge, which QVC later did.  I have to say I like the heart much better than the princess one, but I agree with your assessment of the ring.  

The ring that they messed up the orders on was J354291.

Valued Contributor

@software wrote:

My favorite purchase was many many years ago, 5 stone marquise cut graduated stones in 14k.   Paid $99 for it.   It's gorgeous.   There is nothing in the current inventory as pretty as  my ring, at any price.

I remember that ring. Such a classic! They also did it in a variety of gemstones like garnet. Was mighty tempted at the time but failed to take the plunge and now regret it. 

Valued Contributor

@SANNA Your ring looks quite nice on your hand.  I have to say the center stone looks much, much larger than either my round or princess that I sent back.  Glad you like yours.

Trusted Contributor

@SANNA   You rock that ring!  Looks beautiul on you & I like the spring-color nail polish too.  Enjoy it!

Respected Contributor

@nova wrote:

@SANNA   You rock that ring!  Looks beautiul on you & I like the spring-color nail polish too.  Enjoy it!

Oh, nova , thank you so much for your complements!  I wore this ring to work today and have to say that it is very comfy on my finger. And I got some compliments.....😎

Respected Contributor

@bootsanne wrote:

@SANNA Your ring looks quite nice on your hand.  I have to say the center stone looks much, much larger than either my round or princess that I sent back.  Glad you like yours.

Thank you , bootsanne, very much.  The central stone is a very good size for me, very believable. I am guessing 2 carats . Very comfortable size too, it sits low , not catching on anything...Good for travels, everyday wear, and my real one will get a break.

I tried some various larger stones but always returned them. Not my cup of tea, I do love large cocktail rings, but not the bridal one.