Valued Contributor

My Recent Diamonique Purchase

is going back.  I bought 2  J357655, 100 facet  halo design rings, one round, one princess.  Platinum clad.  I realize that these rings were inexpensive, but they look just plain cheap.  Like the kind you see at flea markets for $7.99.  Now I have old Diamonique rings , probably close to 30 years, that I wear with my real diamonds and they are still beautiful.  These 2 new ones don't even sparkle in direct sunlight.  So disappointed and $13.95 down the drain.  I guess I'll never learn.

Trusted Contributor

Re: My Recent Diamonique Purchase

@bootsanne  Isn'that frustrating when you are so excited to get a new piece of jewelry but then it soon turns to disappointment when you open the box?  I recently returned a pair of inside outside diamonique hoops in sterling.  They were pretty enough but too heavy on my earlobe.  Like you I have some old diamonique - also earrings - that could pass for the real deal.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel your pain - it's very disappointing. I ordered a couple of rings last year and was more disappointed with the metal. They were so lightweight. Like you, I have some older Diamonique rings and always loved them because they had a bit of weight to them and the metal was more realistic, as were the stones.

Respected Contributor

@bootsanne  I have purchased several Diamonique rings and loved them but recently I have returned several. You can always return them marked as defective. I would return via us mail and pay for it. I usually pay about $3 and received my refund. 

Honored Contributor

I still wear my old Diamonique and I love it. It is top quality. Reading reviews and comments here I no longer order because I feel I will be disappointed.

I did buy the replica of Meghan's ring when it was introduced and I do think it's beautiful. Stones are and the metal is. Is it believable, no. But I don't care, I bought it as a fun fantasy ring.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I agree, I purchased an Asscher cut rather small ring over a year ago.   I was so disappointed, it was less than $20, not worth it to even send it back.   

My favorite purchase was many many years ago, 5 stone marquise cut graduated stones in 14k.   Paid $99 for it.   It's gorgeous.   There is nothing in the current inventory as pretty as  my ring, at any price.

Trusted Contributor

@software wrote:

I agree, I purchased an Asscher cut rather small ring over a year ago.   I was so disappointed, it was less than $20, not worth it to even send it back.   

My favorite purchase was many many years ago, 5 stone marquise cut graduated stones in 14k.   Paid $99 for it.   It's gorgeous.   There is nothing in the current inventory as pretty as  my ring, at any price.

I remember that ring - it's beautiful!!  My engagement ring is a marquise shape & I  just favor that shape.  I'm glad you're still enjoying it!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

When I feel like some new Diamonique I usually head over to ebay and look for the older "vintage" pieces. Lots there and great prices.

Respected Contributor

@bootsanne wrote:

is going back.  I bought 2  J357655, 100 facet  halo design rings, one round, one princess.  Platinum clad.  I realize that these rings were inexpensive, but they look just plain cheap.  Like the kind you see at flea markets for $7.99.  Now I have old Diamonique rings , probably close to 30 years, that I wear with my real diamonds and they are still beautiful.  These 2 new ones don't even sparkle in direct sunlight.  So disappointed and $13.95 down the drain.  I guess I'll never learn.

I just received mine today. It is platinum clad, emerald/cushion cut. The stone is pretty sparkly, the band is simple but not obnoxious. After reading your post I started to doubt myself....lol... here is my picture with this ring.3B5FE566-E0A5-46FF-B4F7-027252FF05B1.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@SANNA wrote:

@bootsanne wrote:

I just received mine today. It is platinum clad, emerald/cushion cut. The stone is pretty sparkly, the band is simple but not obnoxious. After reading your post I started to doubt myself....lol... here is my picture with this ring.3B5FE566-E0A5-46FF-B4F7-027252FF05B1.jpeg

@SANNA , I think it is beautiful! I worked in the jewelry business for many years and I would proudly wear that. Wear it in good health.