Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

My Poor Thomas Museum Series Jewelry Box and Jewelry

My Thomas jewelry box with 4 drawers and a lifting top was purchased maybe 12 years ago from the Q. I love this jewelry box that was perfect for 2 gold drawers and 2 silver drawers. All of my miscellaneous and large pieces were kept under the lid.

Now fast forward to our move almost 4 weeks ago. I don't know what those movers did with our household goods, but in the end, 8 pieces of furniture were ruined and 7 more damaged. Additionally, I just found the box with my Thomas jewelry box in it and opened it up, because I've been without earrings for a month. Well, I opened up the top drawer and found nothing. Then figured I should open the drawer to its max. Boy oh boy! It's as though that jewelry box, which was packed in a medium moving box, was tumbled up and down and then swirled about, because all of my jewelry is jammed into the back of each drawer, with some pieces broken. I just tried to find my diamond earrings and couldn't find them (they were a gift). I know, stupid. I should have packed all of my precious stones and placed them in my purse.

Lesson learned: When you pay for cheap movers to move you from one state to another, you get what you pay for. (Can't say I did this, DH did.)