Trusted Contributor

It's been years since I have bought an expensive piece of jewelry. Maybe a watch here and there and a bracelet or two ( silver). Usually two or three hundred dollars but nothing in the thousands. I just didn't care much for it anymore, until recently. I'm surprised at the price of gold to say the least.

I became interested in a morganite ring. I just love the peach color. After searching on line and pricing other competitors I settled on the Judith Ripka 5 karate ring with a 1/3 k diamonds. I was excited that it would be shipped in two days and looked forward to receiving it. (J360860) for a clearer picture 

I was little disappointed in the packaging that I received, as you can see the box was torn and I don't think it was from shipping. The box just didn't fit together. The lid was two little to fit without the box splitting.  Really qvc?

Yet I was still anxious to see the ring and hoping it met my expectations. 

I love the setting and I like the fact that the diamonds are small because I think it makes it look different than everything else out there. 

But I don't love it, 😏  I have worn it to church and just into the office today, but  I'm not in love with it. And I think for the price I should be estactic. I still like it better than anything else I've seen. Checked jewelry stores at the mall this weekend. 

I didn't see a presentation on it but I watched the short video 100 times of Rick and Judith. And of course the video was lacking in details. Well not 100,but a lot.

I'm still on the fence, what to do, keep it or return it ?  Oh and sometimes when I look at it,it reminds me of a fake stone. I think maybe the stone is just too big. But I'm afraid if I return it I'll regret it. Do any of you have a morganite,if so what's your thoughts on this ring?

IMG_5633.JPG IMG_5637.JPG

IMG_5638.JPGIMG_5640.JPG

Respected Contributor

Re: My JR morganite ring came!

[ Edited ]

That is a really pretty ring.  I like morganite and found some really pretty pieces on JTV last month for a reasonable price. They had a selection of simulated and actual gem stones. I agree for the price the packaging should have been much better for such an investment piece. If you don't love then perhaps it should find its way back to QVC.

Trusted Contributor

If you don't love it, I would return it.

Esteemed Contributor

It is pretty but for that price, if you don’t love it, return it. 

Respected Contributor

Hi Ladycos,

Our jewelry splurges are always special gifts to ourselves!  

Don't let the unfortunate packaging issues distract you from the jewelry itself--

Does looking at and wearing the ring make you really happy?

Do the jewels glow and sparkle enough to constantly catch your eye? (You can also evaluate the stones on color, clarity and other GIA descriptors)

Are you satisfied with the construction, quality and design? (fits well and is comfortable, sturdy prongs, sufficient gold for long-term wear, interesting features)

Do you feel the item was worth the cost?

Stone size is a variable and a personal decision and may depend on the piece itself or your mood that day, or whether the ring is for daily wear or a special event.

I see a lot of jewelry I like--some I like a lot--only a few I love. Often the jewelry search is part of the fun of shopping!

P.S. Half of my JR purchases I keep--half I return. Her designs are certainly unique and most pieces are of good quality.

Honored Contributor

Unless you have a lot of money lying around, for that price, you should love it.  

It is pretty, though.  

Honored Contributor

For me a piece of jewelry has to really speak to my heart...usually a spiritual connection.  So it is very rare that I purchase jewelry anymore.  As we gain wisdom in life, it just is not as important as it once was.  If you don't find a connection, I would consider returning.  Do what is best for you.

Esteemed Contributor

Take it to a jeweler and have it appraised.  It's pretty, but yes, that is not an inexpensive ring.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a small morganite ring set in rose gold. The stone is nowhere near the size of yours.  I like mine. The stone is not a bold stone, it has more of a softer, feminine tone to it. 

You spent a lot more on your piece. My sis would say if it doesn’t “speak” to you I’d return it and keep looking for a piece that wows you. 

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

For me a piece of jewelry has to really speak to my heart...usually a spiritual connection.  So it is very rare that I purchase jewelry anymore.  As we gain wisdom in life, it just is not as important as it once was.  If you don't find a connection, I would consider returning.  Do what is best for you.

@phoenixbrd I agree.  Btw...are you my sister!?  She always claims a diamond must speak to her or she won’t buy it. 😁