Esteemed Contributor
Hi Dallas D! Hope you received your bracelet today. I did receive mine, and I'm sad to say, it's going back. I'm glad I didn't order any charms for it. I think it's cheaply made for what it is, and I couldn't unscrew the one flower at all. Even my hubby tried, and he couldn't either. We didn't want to force it open because I was afraid it would break. So unfortunately, back it goes. I couldn't believe he wanted 99 dollars for this originally. Oh well, money saved and it won't be another expense to collect the charms.
Valued Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:
Hi Dallas D! Hope you received your bracelet today. I did receive mine, and I'm sad to say, it's going back. I'm glad I didn't order any charms for it. I think it's cheaply made for what it is, and I couldn't unscrew the one flower at all. Even my hubby tried, and he couldn't either. We didn't want to force it open because I was afraid it would break. So unfortunately, back it goes. I couldn't believe he wanted 99 dollars for this originally. Oh well, money saved and it won't be another expense to collect the charms.

Hi, Bling!  I just logged-in to write to you about my bracelet.  I feel exactly the same about the piece.  My husband and I both tried to remove the endcap but to no avail.  It's going back tomorrow.  I agree...money saved on collecting charms!  Have a wonderful evening, dear lady!

Honored Contributor
Blingy, I have a different bracelet but it's made so only one of the end caps open. Mine has an extremely strong magnet embedded in a barrel so it isn't attracted to steel objects. I never worry about it accidentally opening as it takes two hands to pull it open. Sorry yours didn't work out.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I am so sorry Bling and Dallas.  I received mine and I am ok with it.  I did have to watch the video again to see which end cap came off.  It was stubborn to get off though.  I did receive my zodiac sign charm and even though the sapphires are small they really sparkle in the sun.  I am sorry, I know what its like to wait for something and then be disappointed and have to return.  I know you will keep shopping :-)

Esteemed Contributor
Hi DallasD. I see you had your husband try it also. I watched a video on one of the hosts that opened it, so I knew I had the correct end. It just wouldn't budge. The one that Kachina has sounds like a much better bracelet. Sorry it didn't work out for either one of us. I'll just stick with his rings. Enjoy the rest of the week. It's closer to the weekend, thank goodness, lol.
Trusted Contributor
Hi BlingQueen and Dallas Dame, I am just chiming in to let you know I sent back a Michael bracelet last week ( the one with Aqua and morganite stones in two rows) as well. It was missing an aqua stone and the Rose clad had tarnished as well. Like you both said, money saved ( for more Ripka for me!) . I am navigating the new forum but miss the old forum with the sub forums .
Esteemed Contributor
Hi Anisha. Wow! That's a first I heard of a stone missing and tarnish to boot! I'm sorry that happened. I would have been very disappointed. Please don't give up on Michael because knock on wood, so far every ring I've purchased has been top quality. I guess this can happen to the best of vendors. I agree with you. I miss the sub forums also. It seems like the Q really got rid of the Ripka lovers on this forum. Hopefully, they will bring them back.
Trusted Contributor

Bling and Dallas D, sorry you had to return the charm bracelets, I don't blame you.  I didn't have a good feeling about them but I don't care for snake chain bracelets, anyway.  I have a couple of Trollbead charm bracelets and they are woven wheat chain bracelets with locks (clasps) you buy separately.  A little different design than Michael's but they are sturdy and easy to operate.

I did buy a few of Michael's charms and they seem to be very nicely made.  I purchased his leather wrap bracelet and may wear it also as a leather necklace with charms on it.  The twist-off end on the leather bracelet is very easy to take on and off, no problems at all.  I should send him an email with the suggestion to make leather charm necklaces in 16", 18", 20", 22", 24" and 36" lengths.  I bet they would sell like hotcakes and give people another way to wear his charms and pendants than on the wimpy snake chain or rolo necklaces.

After much deliberation, I decided to return the ouro verde mini-honker and the mini-panther cub rings.  They just weren't quite large enough in scale, looked a little puny on my hand and felt a little lightweight so back they went.  I noticed today that the original panther ring is back in my size but also back up to full price so I'll just have to play the waiting game and see if the price goes back down to something I'm willing to pay, lol, during his next visit in July.

Valued Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:
Hi DallasD. I see you had your husband try it also. I watched a video on one of the hosts that opened it, so I knew I had the correct end. It just wouldn't budge. The one that Kachina has sounds like a much better bracelet. Sorry it didn't work out for either one of us. I'll just stick with his rings. Enjoy the rest of the week. It's closer to the weekend, thank goodness, lol.

I watched the video, too, Bling...just to make sure we were focusing on the correct endcap.  I think I'll forego the thought of building a charm bracelet as I've always wondered if it would be a good look for me.  As you say, it leaves funds for other goodies.  Enjoy your last workday of the week tomorrow!

Valued Contributor

@anisha wrote:
Hi BlingQueen and Dallas Dame, I am just chiming in to let you know I sent back a Michael bracelet last week ( the one with Aqua and morganite stones in two rows) as well. It was missing an aqua stone and the Rose clad had tarnished as well. Like you both said, money saved ( for more Ripka for me!) . I am navigating the new forum but miss the old forum with the sub forums .

Hi, anisha!  So sorry to hear that you received a defective piece from Michael V.  I have some of his pieces from years ago (in gold) and have recently added some silver/palladium rings and a couple of bracelets to my collection.  Everything has been flawless (as Bling suggested) with the exception of the charm bracelet.  I'm really missing the Ripka sub-forum, too.  Perhaps it will be reinstated in time.  Hope all is well!