Esteemed Contributor

I've been looking through the website "Glass of Venice" which features Murano glass jewelry besides other items. 

The jewelry is beautiful and offers free shipping. I've been thinking of ordering from there sometime. Does anyone have Murano glass jewelry? I was wondering if the jewelry is good quality and if it's as lovely as the photos show.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Super Contributor

@teganslaw Happy 4th!

I have many pieces of Murano glass jewelry (purchased in Italy and Malta) and they are all very unique and beautiful!

The pieces on the website "Glass of Venice" are ones that I have seen in Europe. The prices are reasonable. 

Also, I have seen Murano glass jewelry at TJ Maxx. 

Plan B would be to book a shopping trip to Italy! (for better prices!Smiley LOL)

Enjoy your purchase!

Honored Contributor

I have two hand made bracelets with murano beads and they are beautiful and unique.  My Pandora bracelets have them also.  They have both stood the test of time; however, the recent purchase of Jai with glass beads J409923 was received with a broken bead.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Murano glass jewelry

[ Edited ]

When I was in Walt Disney World in Epcot and in the Italy pavilion, several years ago, there was quite a nice selection of Murano glass earrings. I liked so many. But a pair of mosaic earrings made of Murano glass was calling my name.  It was so attractive. I had to buy it. Sadly I lost one earring. 

At Christmas 2021 when I went to the Italy pavilion, I looked for any earrings that they had. There wasn't much of a selection. In fact I had to ask where the Murano glass earrings where in the store. Not sure why there wasn't much of a selection.

The earrings were well made and looked so good. I don't think you can go wrong. They have been making them for many years. Someone must be liking them. 

Honored Contributor

ShopHQ had a bracelet with the glass beads (plus 18K) Alternative beads of the glass and 18K. It was nice presentation, but it is glass, Italian or not and I was shopping for all gold.  So I didn't buy. They were from Murano Italy.  A little island .  They ferry takes you there.  North of Venice, the Veneto region of Italy.  In all the years I lived in Italy, I never went there.

Valued Contributor

Years ago I visited the Murano factories. I was in Venice about 1 month ago. I have a few Murano necklaces. They are unique and have wonderful colors.

Esteemed Contributor

I have two necklaces of Murano glass.  They are both lovely and quite unusual.  I do get a catalog that features Murano and other more unusual items.  Always temptations there.

There was also a shop in Mystic CT I went to that just featured Murano.

Respected Contributor

@teganslawHave you checked out Uno Alla Volta? Lots of Murano glass and other items.

Respected Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I've been looking through the website "Glass of Venice" which features Murano glass jewelry besides other items. 

The jewelry is beautiful and offers free shipping. I've been thinking of ordering from there sometime. Does anyone have Murano glass jewelry? I was wondering if the jewelry is good quality and if it's as lovely as the photos show.

I'm pretty sure QVC had Murano Glass jewelry at one time. I have a necklace and matching earrings, I bought that are marano glass. I've never worn them, but was bought years ago. Had to be from the Q never bought from too many places  before. I've been with QVC since the start, so I have way too much of it.

Honored Contributor

@Bibione wrote:

Years ago I visited the Murano factories. I was in Venice about 1 month ago. I have a few Murano necklaces. They are unique and have wonderful colors.

The glass IS beautiful!  I was impressed when I saw it.  But I was afrid they would break.  Especially on a bracelet.