Contributor
All of my Ripka pieces are sterling silver (and I love each one!)-but I have been falling back in love with my gold jewelry lately. For those of you have purchased the gold clad-how does the color match up with 14k gold? Looking forward to tonight's show!
Valued Contributor
I have a few pieces of the clad and they are a perfect match to your 14 or 18K gold. Remember that Judie has a special gold that can have a slight greenish cast which is her signature for her high end, I love it. It holds up find, no flakes, etc. go for it, you will be hooked. And, don't hesitate to blend it with your JR sterling, it looks great together.
Trusted Contributor

I have these pieces that I wear with my gold jewelry:

and these also which blend the gold and silver

I am happy with the gold clad pieces.

I also have this cuff in pink which goes well with the gold clad:

This cuff is from QVC but it looks just like a Ripka couture cuff. J31402

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Frequent Contributor
kd, I personally do not think Judith's 14k yellow clad pieces match my genuine 14K pieces. Her yellow clad is more yellow. Also, some of the pieces in her QVC collection do not match. For example, the chronograph watch in yellow is a different shade than her yellow clad jewelry. Not a perfect match, but you can wear it all together if you want.
Contributor
Thanks ladies!
Valued Contributor

I adore the clad. It has such a rich look. I mix it with 14 and 18K . It doesn't bother me at all if the golds don't exactly match.

Honored Contributor

kd did ~ My gold clad mimmicks 18k...which I love..and I am really getting into the gold clad now as I have a lot of the SS stuff.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Contributor
Thanks for the input- I don't feel it has to match perfectly-just don't want it to clash. I have a chain that's sterling with clad accents. I'm thinking I'll find a clad enhancer and start there!