Super Contributor

I'm sure this subject has been posted many times. I've been looking for a simple white gold box chain for a diamond necklace I bought for my daughter. It did come with a chain but I feel that it's just to light weight. So I started searching for a chain here on QVC and on HSN. It used to be so easy to find basic pieces like this on both of these sites. Not any more. I think I know every single gold piece that's available on QVC and HSN. It seems they rarely add any new pieces. I had to look elsewhere to find a chain for my daughters pendant. I do understand that gold is still high, but QVC is a very large company. Why can't they bring in more gold pieces at better prices? If they did that all of us gold lovers would buy a lot more pieces and they would still make money. I just couldn't believe I could not find a simple gold box chain on either of these sites.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: More gold pieces, please!

Today's gold rate is $1,226 per ounce - that figure increased $3 since yesterday.  Once upon a time - decades ago -   gold rate was around $950.  

Esteemed Contributor

Time to sell my unwanted pieces!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@Remar wrote:

I'm sure this subject has been posted many times. I've been looking for a simple white gold box chain for a diamond necklace I bought for my daughter. It did come with a chain but I feel that it's just to light weight. So I started searching for a chain here on QVC and on HSN. It used to be so easy to find basic pieces like this on both of these sites. Not any more. I think I know every single gold piece that's available on QVC and HSN. It seems they rarely add any new pieces. I had to look elsewhere to find a chain for my daughters pendant. I do understand that gold is still high, but QVC is a very large company. Why can't they bring in more gold pieces at better prices? If they did that all of us gold lovers would buy a lot more pieces and they would still make money. I just couldn't believe I could not find a simple gold box chain on either of these sites.

You would be surprised what you can puchase at a pawn shop.  They usually have really nice gold chains.  Just check it out.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Try Evine or, ShopLC, JTV

I remember when gold was $220, I bought so much of it. Can’t justify the prices of today.

Good luck on your quest.

Honored Contributor

Gold jewelry is really separate from the cost of gold.  New jewelry always costs more.  QVC averages $100.00 per gram.  Most shopping channels offer the same.  Even Gem Shopping, but gem shopping offers very heavy gram weight.  30, 40, 100 grams up etc.  for bracelets and necklaces.  Even some of the rings are 9 grams on up.  So a 40 gram necklace will cost you $4,000.00.  QVC doesn't have that kind of audience.  So they sell you 1 to 3 gram necklaces. And each time, the viewer complains about it. You are better off in jewelry stores in their estates sections. Resold jewelry is cheaper.

Respected Contributor

@IMW wrote:

Try Evine or, ShopLC, JTV

I remember when gold was $220, I bought so much of it. Can’t justify the prices of today.

Good luck on your quest.

When we were married in 1971, gold was below $50 an ounce.  Our wedding bands were thick, wide and heavy.