Trusted Contributor

I'm thinking of purchasing a mood ring.  I really would like to be alerted to my moods.  Are these rings reliable?  I would be willing to pay more to get a reliable one.  Do you own a mood ring?  Are they reliable?

Honored Contributor

Are you serious?

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

@newname0

I think it was just a fad thing from the 60’s:  why it didn’t last !

Save your 💲 and trust your gut as to what you are feeling. Why give even token power to an inanimate object ?

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I remember wearing a mood ring back in the day. As far as being reliable, it’s as reliable as reading your fortune in the fortune cookie. Some days were coincidental!! Fun at the time.

Honored Contributor

I had one back in the early 70's in Elementary school, it was always black.  Unless you covered it up for a few minutes then it would turn to blue for awhile then go right back to black.  It was a fun ring but I was about 8 years old when I had it.  Maybe they are more reliable now to read our feelings and temperatures.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Mine was always black because my hands were cold. So it could forecast the weather; moods? not so much.

Trusted Contributor

Maybe because I'm a child of the 70s, I've got a couple of mood rings - they're fun and kitchy!  They work off your body's heat.  They usually come with a color chart so you can see what each color means. 

Honored Contributor

Really? I know my mood w/out the use of a piece of junk jewelry! Never had one, never wanted one.

Honored Contributor
My husband, being unhappy with my mood swings, bought me a mood ring the other day, so he would be able to monitor my moods.

We've discovered that when I'm in a good mood, it turns green.

When I'm in a bad mood, it leaves a big red mark on his forehead.

Maybe next time he'll buy me a diamond.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@newname0  Hey Mamie, I had a mood ring back in the day.  I don't know how reliable a mood ring is because the colors change based on the temperature of your finger.  I live in Michigan and run cold naturally so I never got any pretty colors in my mood ring.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise