Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SilleeMee   I love Moissanite but would be leary of it from ShopLC.  There are different qualities on the market, the lower ones having a discinct yellow tinge.  I'd bet that's what they're selling and probably not what you want.  Sit tight. 

@Kachina624 

I already own some of their Moissy. It's pure white and flawless.

I laughed at "I bet" which was just making it up to bash Shoplc.  

Honored Contributor

WOW, @chrystaltree  is now psychic. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

I've bought moissanite from all three brands. Covard, Winston and Shop LC. All three look beautiful to me.

Shop LC addresses the "old yellow tinge" of years ago. It doesn't have it. You cannot beat the prices, and you have 30 days to return it if you're not happy.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Moissanite all day.

[ Edited ]

I thought the better quality Moissanite  was the kind specifically labeled Charles & Colvard . I have one pair of rearrings that are lever backs  that are perfect ly white

Honored Contributor

The original creators of Moissanite was Charles & Colvard and they owned a patent on it's recipe. The lab created stone went through trials and tribulations along the way. You could buy different grades, some cost more than others depending on the ccc's.  Then the patent expired and other gem labs used the recipe, perfected it and now the stone is nearly perfect. Some people who own the original C&C say that their 'after-market' stones look better than their C&C.

Honored Contributor

I have a ring from Charles Winston and the stones are amazing.  Its a band and it flashes.  I purchased several years ago and it still flashes.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I want to know the grade of moissanite before I buy. If they don't say, it's a low grade.  

Honored Contributor

moissaniteco.com gives the grade of every option. Their customer service is excellent.

Honored Contributor

I caved and got these huggie hoops. They sold out during the show yesterday but I checked today and they were there plus I found a $20-off coupon code.

2mm stones set in silver/platinum overlay, almost 3/4" length.