Honored Contributor

Re: Missing Sterling Designers in person

With Ripka, it doesn't matter to me at all anymore. I don't watch. Before she became a semi-regular and her line became so over-exposed and pricey, I used to enjoy seeing her. I do like to catch Bixby when she's in town and she did several shows this trip, theoretically at times when most people would be watching or could be watching. It's nice to hear the designers speak of their designs, but I guess I don't feel like it can be made mandatory. I enjoyed the late Jai show and although PTR was a bit on the mouthy side, I did like his line and his show.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@SammySiamese wrote:

Two words SUPER BOWL!!!! No one can be asked to show up!!! Woman Surprised

Sorry but I don't think that is an excuse.  How many of these designers, especially the females, are not showing up because of the Super Bowl?  This is the perfect day to appeal to the QVC female customer who may not be interested in football.  It is insulting for QVC to have a designer jewelry show when they know that the designers themselves are not going to be involved.  The designers sell the jewelry not the Q hosts.  Didn't buy anything..

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Respected Contributor

I agree that the Riipka is very overpriced now and there is very little variety in what she shows.  Diamonique on almost everything.  I really like the early pieces that I purchased.  I haven't purchased anything since Diamonique took over her designs.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Frequent Contributor

Of note, except for the early am (6-7) and (9-10), Barbara Bixby was on air beginning at midnight with a TSV and then for two more evening shows.  In fact, both those shows were two hour shows, the last one which was actually extended as the super bowl was still being played, and QVC was trying to line up the game finale with an NFL clothing show scheduled to follow BB 's jewelry.  And let's face it, most of the designers are not spring chickens anymore, and it's probably difficult doing around the clock shows every few hours.  That being said, I would give them a pass for a part of the day as long as they make appearances for the rest and the majority.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

Does Judith Ripka even design her jewelry line anymore????

Didn't Judith sell the company?   She seems to have lost interest and it shows.   She seems now to be little more than a sales rep contractually obligated to make X number of appearances. 

I don't even remember the last time I saw Judith's son or DIL.

Honored Contributor

Judith's son and DIL don't seem to be involved with the business these days.   Guess they weren't part of the sale. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment