New Contributor

I just went to the mailbox and a sealed package from QVC I opened it and it was a green box with my advanced order of the Asher cut and London blue topaz ring. I opened the green sleeve and there was no item, no plastic bag no little silver paper. A panic came over me as I called Customer Service Right Away and they said no problem they would replace it and that it probably was forgotten in packing. Whew. If I were calling any other shopping channel I don't believe it would have been handled that way. I had No Proof of what I was saying, but QVC believed me. I thank God for them. Thank you Thank you. They are hipping out another one right away. Has anyone else had this happen? Does anyone have this ring. I want to hear about how you like it.

I love QVC You make my life so much easier.

Honored Contributor

Yes it has happened to me. Over the years there has been 2 or 3 pieces of jewelry. Again, QVC said, no problem. It has happened with other larger items.

Again, QVC said, no problem. I remember two times I had to package up the entire thing and send them back. That was difficult but I did it.

I remember I kept saying, "Can't you just send me the missing piece?" They said they would have to send the entire thing back to the manufacturer so I needed to send the entire thing back.

I sent them back and received the piece all with nothing missing. I think I remember one time when they were sold out so they just credited my account.

Respected Contributor

Yes, this happened to me twice over the years with jewelry and the Q replaced the item, no questions asked.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Regular Contributor

That happened to me a couple of months ago. I had ordered the 36"" rhodolite station chain. There was an empty box. I quickly called and they credited my account. In addition to that error once I was waiting for an item that they had assured me I had to sign for. Well guess what - it was dumped on my doorstep! I was home and the mail carrier didn't even ring the bell. These mistakes occur -probably too frequently.

Respected Contributor

That just happened to me a couple of weeks (?) ago with the Jai croco necklace. I received an empty box, too. I was quite shocked as in all of my shopping history that never happened to me. QVC was wonderful about it, and I look forward to receiving that necklace eventually, when it returns to stock.

Respected Contributor

I had it happen a few weeks ago. I ordered the Carolyn Pollack signature bead necklace that was on LQ pricing. The package came to my post office, was "presented" to my post office (that's what the tracking information said), and then took a U-turn to Buffalo, NY before finally coming back. There were two jewelry parcels that should have been delivered to me on that day, but I only got one. When the package came back from Buffalo it contained a box with nothing in it. I contacted CS and they credited my account because there were no more in inventory to ship to me. I was bummed.

Regular Contributor

I have not had it happen with QVC but not too long ago they used envelopes that could easily be peeled open, the item taken and then sent on to the buyer...empty!!! Since the Q changed the envelopes, it is not as easy to do. I also ask every ebay seller to wrap their package securely with tape and explain what happens if they do not...I do this EVERYTIME I purchase jewelry from ebay...and have not had any issues since. And if the seller does not indicate whether or not they insure, I ask and offer to pay extra. It is worth the $$ in piece of mind!!!

I know how this feels and I try to do everything possible to prevent it from happening!!!

I am glad QVC understands this problem and is gracious about replacing the item without question.

Honored Contributor

Yes, years ago. It was suppose to be a georgette skirt. The plastic bag came. I couldn't believe it, the UPS left it on the porch, nothing in it and a big hole in the side. They couldn't knock and let me know. They just delivered it. I found out later, that is what they are suppose to do. It is our job to contact company and get reimbursed...geesh, give me a break. Anyway, it was QVC, and they sent a new skirt, no questions asked.

This has happened with another company, and I had to wait for security in the customer service dept to contact me, explain my problem, and they filed a claim. Took an extra 2 weeks. I was so mad. They were willing to give me the refund up front, but not send another item without filing a claim.

Honored Contributor

This happened to me with Earth brand shoes just a few weeks ago, the package was shipped to me and I got an empty shoe box with another customers invoice. Just last week I had another item shipped to me with some other customers TSV and her invoice. I think they are trying to ship things too fast and are goofing up. QVC makes it right, but it's a pain and I don't like that my info is out there, I'm assuming the people received my order with my invoice. QVC said to shred the invoice after I gave them the info and I did, I hope the people who got my invoices did the same.

Frequent Contributor

I've had different shipping issues with QVC but when I call C/S they always do everything they can to rectify the problem as quickly as possible. All in all, I think the Q has really great customer service.