Super Contributor

I missed seeing Peyton on Gem Day. I watched for part of the day. The new people aren't as good as he was. I saw part of a Jade show with Rick and another fellow. Rick asked him the difference between jade/jadeite and nephrite. The fellow said that nephrite is not as good as jadeite because it is often dyed. I don't think that information was correct. Nephrite is just another type of jade that is also highly valued, but jadeite is the most prized. I believe that jadeite is often dyed, especially the lower grades of jadeite.  I think that nephrite is rarely dyed. The Burmese jade it the most highly prized, in general. The fellow just didn't inspire confidence in me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Missed Peyton on Gem Day

Not surprising - there's a lot to be said for experience.  The newbies will need time to develop their knowledge and their presentation skills -  and that's true even if they've worked elsewhere -  new setting, new procedures, new products, new co-workers -   just lots to get used to  -- for them and for us.

Honored Contributor

Various hosts through out the day yesterday, mentioned that JM was a very experienced gemologist and salesman. It was mentioned by I think Rick, who said Jeff had traveled all over the world sourcing gems and making connections. I like the new guy.

Respected Contributor

Peyton was the best.  Although I wish him well, it's just not the same.

Super Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

Various hosts through out the day yesterday, mentioned that JM was a very experienced gemologist and salesman. It was mentioned by I think Rick, who said Jeff had traveled all over the world sourcing gems and making connections. I like the new guy.

Maybe jade isn't his area of expertise. There are other things he could have said about nephrite, such as it's not as hard as jadeite or it is a different color of green or it's mined in different parts of the world.  As for the hosts mentioning how experienced he was, I'm sure that he has some experience, but introducing him in that way is part of the marketing.

Trusted Contributor

I liked Peyton better also, not liking the new guy......

Trusted Contributor

Totally agree. Peyton Kelley is a true gentleman.Interesting and knowledgeable. Does anyone know if he retired?It will be interesting if he was going to HSN. Isn't that the channel Patti Reily is  noe on.( Sorry about poor sentence) Fri. and I am tired. Heat is 93 and terrible humidity.

Valued Contributor

Just give him a chance for God's sake, as I

watched him for years on JTV, and he surely does know his gemstones..

So Michele Lau is excellent also.

That's how we roll in the shire..