Respected Contributor

Re: Misinformation on the EternaGold show J318634 Set of 3 EG Diamonique Honora Earrings

I'm no longer a fan of EG. I bought a polished bangle bracelet from Q many years ago. Wore it twice and when I took it off after the second time, there was a small dent in it. I've got 3 other bangles, not EG, and they've held up much better (have no dents) and I've worn them MANY more times.

I also had a pair of hoops from EG that I loved. After many years of wearing them, the small wire that goes through my ear fell off on one of them. No prob - I sent it back for replacement and got back a pretty pair of hoops that are in NO WAY the same weight as the gold I sent in to them. Smiley Sad So, while they kept their promise to replace any damaged item, they didn't replace with an earring of similar gold weight.

Won't be buying any more of their stuff.

-Kalli

Respected Contributor

Re: Misinformation on the EternaGold show J318634 Set of 3 EG Diamonique Honora Earrings

I saw that show, and they did give the impression that all the metal was gold.

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Valued Contributor

On 12/21/2014 esmeraldagooch said: CaChica, Ennui sent me a email. She heard Ted say it. She can't post but wanted you to know.

Thank you for posting esmeralda. I hope things are well with Ennui and she is 'up and running' again soon.

Valued Contributor

On 12/21/2014 Kalli said:

I'm no longer a fan of EG. I bought a polished bangle bracelet from Q many years ago. Wore it twice and when I took it off after the second time, there was a small dent in it. I've got 3 other bangles, not EG, and they've held up much better (have no dents) and I've worn them MANY more times.

I also had a pair of hoops from EG that I loved. After many years of wearing them, the small wire that goes through my ear fell off on one of them. No prob - I sent it back for replacement and got back a pretty pair of hoops that are in NO WAY the same weight as the gold I sent in to them. Smiley Sad So, while they kept their promise to replace any damaged item, they didn't replace with an earring of similar gold weight.

Won't be buying any more of their stuff.

-Kalli

I haven't had to send anything back to Aurafin (the company contracted to do the repairs or replacing) in years. I hate to hear posts like yours because it shines negatively on Leach and Garner Eternagold. Ted Leach (or an appointed person in charge of warranty matters) should look into the problems with Aurafin.

I think the problems with easily damaged pieces stems from QVC ordering from Leach and Garner and specifying they want this size piece using too little gold for the piece to hold up. (David Markstein's responsibility perhaps?) It sounds like they are thinning it out too much to hold up like it used to.

Valued Contributor

HEADS UP EG fans - (these are one of my favorites)

Someone has the EG bamboo hoop earrings posted on ebay. Auction ends in just over 2 hrs. and they are only $85.00 right now. I don't know the seller and have never done business with them.

ebay item number:121519312374