Honored Contributor

At one point there was a thread about the changes at JTV.  It appears there is another change in the hosts.  Michele Lau is no longer with them.

Not sure what happened but from her FB postings, it doesn't appear she quit.  I saw a post from about a week ago from her that stated "life took an unexpected turn today and I am no longer with JTV."

Respected Contributor

Re: Michele Lau gone from JTV

Very sad news. I went to her FB page and also read that she didn't know where they were moving to.

I really liked her presentations because they were low-key. You didn't have all that shouting. Perhaps her age and her presentation style weren't a "good fit " for JTV. It is sad, because she also has macular degeneration is legally blind.

Wish her only hte best.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Sorry to hear that news.  I liked her presentations as well. 

Super Contributor

Another reason not to watch that train wreck of a network. I hope bigger and better things come her way...

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Respected Contributor

Yes, I saw that on her FB page.  I'm sorry to see her leave, she was arguably the best show host JTV had.  JTV hangs on to the old guard, the ones who have been with the company for since the beginning.  The ones who make you "wince" with their bad grammar, tacky appearances and unprofessionalism.  I can only assume that they bring in a lot of money. 

Honored Contributor

Sorry to hear about this. I turned to JTV a few mornings and wondered if she was on vacation or something. There are definitely some other hosts that should have been booted before Michele but they are family members so that won't happen.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Contributor

Ditto.
I hope the new treatment for her condition works. There also are non treatable retinal conditions. Rare & hard to believe no treatment except lost of vision. I wound never be able to answer the question was it better to have seen & go blind, or be blind & let all the descriptions, & touching allow you mind to " see" . I don't there is really an answer. I wish her well & many Blessings.
Super Contributor

Chrystaltree - you took the words out of my mouth. JTV has become unwatchable to me because of what you said. Therefore I don;t watch and I save my money for Evine jewels!

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius
Trusted Contributor

I was so sad to see that!  I was sad to see Libby Floyd leave because she was calm and classy.  Then Jeff and now Michelle.  I really liked her and she was always so peppy and happy.  It was very sudden too. I know she will find something much better in her future. 

Visitor

I agree with you totally!  I won't be watching JTV any more becuase of this. They just don't deserve my attention or my business any more. But Michele was fun to watch, she made you feel like a friend and someone who goes through the same kind of stuff we do. I wish her and her hubby nothing but the Best! I know that there is Life after JTV!!