Honored Contributor

Michael Valitutti Jewelry Opinions

[ Edited ]

I remember him on Shop HQ and now he's on HSN.  Any opinions on quality and workmanship from those that have purchased from his line?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Michael Valitutti Jewelry Opinions

@rms1954   His gems are very pretty with very ornate settings in many cases.  I've even used his sizing customer service and the staff was incredibly polite with a quick turnaround.  

Honored Contributor

I have a lot of Michael's jewelry, maybe 35 rings plus assorted bracelets, just a few earrings.  It's excellent quality.  Since he uses a silver alloy, it never tarnishes nor have I had any gold plating wear off.  Never lost a stone or had any other mishap.

It's too bad QVC didn't pick up his line.  It is imo superior to what they've got now and would stand the test of time.  It's possible he can't supply the quantity the Q needs.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Been watching him now for 20 years, but never bought a thing from him. I trust his stone quality and trust him for quality workmanship. He definitley knows his gems. What I dont care for are his settings, always way too ornate for my taste, just my personal opinion. I prefer much more cotemporary style pieces. 

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle ~ My thoughts, exactly!  

Honored Contributor

@nova wrote:

@rms1954   His gems are very pretty with very ornate settings in many cases.  I've even used his sizing customer service and the staff was incredibly polite with a quick turnaround.  

He will size a piece for you?

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624Wow thats alot of rings & bracelets.  No judgement, as I do respect your jewelry knowledge.  Thank you.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I think Michael's style has changed.  I looked through all of his HSN offerings and didn't see a thing I'd buy. Everything seems much more ornate.  It's too busy.  My stuff is on the simpler side.  Maybe it's the HSN buyer, the one who likes Heidi Das?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@rms1954 the sizing instructions are described on the GEV website. There is a small charge to size and you send the item and check payment via Int'l First Class mail along with a customs form you'll find at the P.O.  GEV/Nathan & Hennick (parent co) provides instructions to complete the customs form.

i had some issues with opals in a ring and mailed it to them. Though they weren't able to fix the problem with the opals,  they polished my ring and the palladium looked much brighter.  The service was prompt and very courteous.

HTH

Respected Contributor

Michaels Company is in Canada