Regular Contributor

Michael Valituitti Coming to HSN

It seems that Michael Valituitti -- a long time vendor on the Shop HQ channel -- has joined the line of vendors moving from Shop HQ to HSN.  His calendared premiere is Feb. 9, with a Today's Special.  I am not one of his customers but I remember him as an enjoyable vendor to watch now and then.  Fans of his jewelry may want to note the date.

Respected Contributor

Re: Michael Valituitti Coming to HSN

Good for him. I have one of his rings that's very nice, a mystic topaz.  I rarely buy jewelry anymore. I have more than I'll ever need.

Honored Contributor

They should have recruited him for QVC.  Heavens knows the Q's jewelry program could use some pumping up, something new and different.  Its as stale as week-old bread.  Maybe they don't realize what a following he has.  I just hope the last of his pieces I got is not representative of the current quality.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 , I have some of his pieces from many years ago.  They are very good quality.  Has the line gone downhill?  S aka Lilysmom

Esteemed Contributor

I’m not a ring collector, but I do have two lovely pieces I bought from Michael before he left his prior station.

A pair of emerald earrings and a Madeira citrine pendant.

They are tastefully done, and I am pleased with their quality.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1.  My last purchase was a garnet ring that I recently ran across still in the box.  It was too tinny and insignificant for me so I sent it to my sister who likes dainty.  I have at least 30 of his rings, plus bracelets, pendants, a fully loaded charm bracelet and all are fine quality.  That garnet ring was a huge disappointment, however.  So many products have decreased in quality, I'm paranoid.

Hey, I haven't heard you mention your annual winter quilting project, are you working on one?

How is Lily these days?

Respected Contributor

I am still not clear why Michael even left Shop HQ.  Jewelry sales had slowed down everywhere during the beginning of the pandemic, so he can't really blame them for not featuring him as much then.  Lucky for Pam McCoy and Heather Hall, they are filling the gap with semiprecious lower budget items.  Gold sales have recently been out of the ballpark on ShopHQ.

I suppose Michael V. could not cut it on his own with the private Internet sales, which is why he is probably going back to television.

HSN used to have Nicky Butler who had similar silver and semiprecious stones, but they cut him a while back.  Colleen really has a big market on that channel, so not sure how well Michael will do.  

Since I only buy gold (for myself), I do not really buy from any of those vendors.  In my opinion, HSN jewelry has gone downhill a lot.  I wish Michael the best.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 , Thanks for the feedback.  I am sure your earlier pieces are beautiful.  He used to be on the Canadian shopping channel but I haven't seen him for years.

I have a beach themed quilt on the go.  It is the same as one I did for my SIL a couple of years ago.  I liked it so much I decided to do it again.  You might remember it as it had turquoise as a major colour with seahorses, seashells, etc.  I have not been working steadily at it though.  I have been using the winter months doing closets.  I finished that but I don't seem to be in the quilting mood.  It has been a very mild winter with very little snow so far.  

Lily is doing well.  She is 13 & 1/2 now.  She still does her morning walks.  DH has kept a stick pile for Lily her whole life.  He leaves in a small clearing and she walks to the clearing every morning and carefully chooses the right stick and brings it home like a prize.  When the sticks are all gone, he loads them up again and delivers them to the clearing.  You know those photos you see of the dog with the tree limb walking down the street?  That's Lily.  Carrying something a couple of times her length.  Everyone in the neighborhood knows about Lily's stick pile.  She loves you as long as you don't try to mess with her sticks lol.  As she ages, the pile gets closer to home.  S 

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1.  Sounds like Lily is true to her breeding as a retriever.  I know all about that stick pile getting closer to home.  I find mine does the same.

I remember the sealife quilt well.  I always remember anything aqua or turquoise.   It was my favorite due to the color.  If it doesn't get finished, there's always next winter.

Are you in a state of drought there?  We've graduated to the "exceptional" category, the most dire.  I fear for fire season this summer.

It'll soon be planting and weeding time again.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 , no drought state yet but we have been going through some long dry periods in summer over the last five years.  The weather in Nova Scotia is definitely changing.  Our weather is more like the Carolinas now.  We are at Feb and have hardly had snow this winter.  I believe winter has settled in now tho.  We had a storm last week and have another one coming Tuesday.

Spring is 48 days away😊.  I can handie that.  S