Respected Contributor

Now she thinks she's an allergenist...

Esteemed Contributor

@banned again wrote:

Now she thinks she's an allergenist...

@banned again I have common sense.  Seems that's lacking a lot around these forums.  How else would I know someone could have an allergy to something they never had an allergic reaction to before?  By experiencing it myself.

Childish, and ill informed about a lot.  It looks silly too.  Especially when I hit you with the logic....

As you were grand puba.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

I have several Michael Dawkins pieces and have not noticed any strange tarnishing. All are kept in Silver Safe Keepers made by Lori Greiner that I bought from QVC many years ago. Being so old, I do wonder when these Safe Keepers are going to give up the ghost. That will be a tragic day. LOL!  

Yeah, I don't think there is anything wrong with his Sterling.  I have a couple of pieces but I don't wear Silver often nowadays.  No problems with it.

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset    Gee, I wonder why it just happened one day with one piece of jewelry.  The rest of the silver I wore that one day was fine.  Do you even read what I write?  Your statements seem to indicate either you didn't bother to read it or your comprehension is lacking.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@gertrudecloset    Gee, I wonder why it just happened one day with one piece of jewelry.  The rest of the silver I wore that one day was fine.  Do you even read what I write?  Your statements seem to indicate either you didn't bother to read it or your comprehension is lacking.

You are biased towards southwestern style jewelry.  Anytime someone brings up other types of silver you balk.  Just admit it.  People can become allergic to things that they never had a problem with before.  Ask you doctor and stop asking me @Kachina624 .  

Get over yourself while you're at it.  We know what you like.  Good for you.  Doesn't mean others will have a problem with the stuff you don't like.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Michael Dawkins jewelry

[ Edited ]

@Sammycat1 wrote:

I'm allergic to nickel--in a big way--and MD's jewelry doesn't bother me. Who knows, perhaps some pieces were made in different factories with different alloy mixes.

My allergy is so bad that my orthopedic surgeon had to order "nickel-free" knee replacements, or I would be in a world of hurt.

@Sammycat1 I have never had a problem with any form of Silver.  That doesn't mean I never will though.  I love Silver and have many pieces.  The only kind of Silver I will not buy is oxidized silver.  I won't buy it and I won't wear it.  The piece of MD silver that I have is a bracelet w/o oxidation and it's ok.  I have silver from Amazon, from ShopHQ, from JTV, Macy's and so on.  Much of my silver is tarnished right now (and guess what? It's in a safe keeper that's supposed to prevent that).  However it's tarnished anyway.

The reason so many jewelry designers rhodium plate their silver is to keep the tarnishing at bay and thus, the allergen.  Another reason for rhodium plating is to make it look more like White Gold.  Of course, rhodium plating wears off over time.  It can be replated, but who knows how to do that?  Just buy silver and be prepared to take of it if you want to wear it.  It's not like gold....

Regular Contributor

I've always kept my MD jewelry in a silver keeper and haven't had a problem with tarnishing.

Honored Contributor

I have quite a few pieces of Michael Dawkins jewelry that I purchased years ago.  I keep them in my Lori Gernier jewelry cabinet with silver safekeeper.

I just went to check to see....some were okay and some were just slightly starting to tarnish.  I have one bracelet that does have a bit of tarnishing on it.

Super Contributor
My Colleen Lopez boxes are still going strong after probably 20 years. I have a lot of sterling silver, and virtually nothing in the boxes has tarnished. Now I can’t recall if there are any Michael Dawkins pieces in there.
Honored Contributor

no issues with MD jewelry......he is one of the jewelry designers i miss the most on QVC. loved his modern design styles. no issues with any major tarnishing of any of his jewelry. some are in silver safekeepers, some are just in basic amazon jewelry containers with clear lids (and some have those little black squares that qvc adds to jewelry boxes.)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein