Honored Contributor

Michael Dawkins bracelet on ebay

I actually never thought to look on ebay but today was the first day that I have ever bid on anything. I purchased a Michael D. silver bracelet (links that are different sizes) and saved close to $30 with my bid. I was surprised when my bid was accepted and I am a happy. Have you ever purchased jewelry on ebay? What was your experience? BTW, the bracelet is new.

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Michael Dawkins bracelet on ebay

Yes, all the time. When I first started I was a little obsessed, but I now have it under control. What I like, is finding older items I always wanted but passed on. However, read description carefully a lot has no returns.
Esteemed Contributor

I buy Wen on eBay all the time. I have had very good results from doing this: lower prices than QVC, discontinued items, etc.

My sellers on eBay buy the TSVs and OTOs, split them up and sell them. They get more money and I get the 1 item that I want.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Yes, not only do I buy on eBay, I've been a seller off and on since around 2001~! There are a lot of MD jewelry there, and Judith Ripka, many designers and many wonderful items.

You can bid on auctions or you can BIN (Buy It Now), even send in to the Seller an Offer of a lower price. I agree 100% to always read the full description! It's worth the effort to find out about the Seller (Top Rated? Top Rated Plus? Location in the US?.. postage can be a killer coming from another country, postage costs?).

I tend to stay away from professional Jewelry sellers (especially from China) and prefer the Mom and Pops that go to Estate Sales, or sell their own items with their own pictures rather than stock photos.... watch out for stock photos, when the Seller takes the photo from a website and tells you that's the item you're going to get. This is especially true for designer handbags! You want full disclosure, any smells? The corners or piping showing any wear? The interior have any stains?

Good luck and have a ton of fun! If you have serious questions about an item, go to Ebay's Community Boards and find FASHION, there are tons of very well educated people there who are happy to answer questions about jewelry, handbags and clothing!!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I buy from eBay and also sell on eBay. I sold a lot of Barbara Bixby and Joan Rivers jewelry this past year. Right now I'm selling some older designer handbags of mine. When I'm buying something like a designer handbag I always look at the seller's other items. I want to make sure they don't have a lot of the same thing. If they do it sometimes means it's a fake. I like for it to be their personal items when it comes to something like that.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

KatCat1, have I bought jewelry on Ebay?? Woman, you don't wanna know how much I've bought and sold there!! heeheehee I've been buying there since around 1998. Actually, I first found out about it on Q's discussion board.

I agree with the rest who've posted here...read product descriptions carefully and check the feedback of sellers.

Have fun! Smile (and let us know about your great "finds")

-Kalli

Honored Contributor

On 1/9/2015 NickNack said:

I buy from eBay and also sell on eBay. I sold a lot of Barbara Bixby and Joan Rivers jewelry this past year. Right now I'm selling some older designer handbags of mine. When I'm buying something like a designer handbag I always look at the seller's other items. I want to make sure they don't have a lot of the same thing. If they do it sometimes means it's a fake. I like for it to be their personal items when it comes to something like that.

nicknack, just curious......i buy some barbara bixby jewelry on ebay. i also buy a number of joan rivers, david sigal, robert rose, nolan miller, kjl, judith ripka, rivka friedman on ebay. do you get MORE than you paid for the item or less or about the same? i am one of those people who look for true bargains and generally only buy if i can get a GREAT deal.

i have also gotten some very nice deals from the judith ripka addicts forum on delphi.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

I've bought the same Michael Dawkins bracelet four times on eBay {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I made a necklace out of the first two (along with links from another MD bracelet I already had), and the other two were allowed to stay as matching bracelets.

One of them was listed as being 8", which would have been too big for me, but I bought it anyway with the intention of removing links to make it shorter. When it arrived, it became obvious that it was a 7 1/4" bracelet that someone had stretched horribly {#emotions_dlg.crying} But it was fixable, and you'd never know now that it had been abused so badly.

I love that MD doesn't solder his links, so they're nice and versatile for meddling amateurs like me.

Honored Contributor

This was the shortest transaction I have ever experienced. We agree that she would not send the box and then I asked for the velvet bag and she got upset that I was not playing fair. OMG! a little velvet bag. It was an older piece and then I start thinking she is wearing this jewelry and saves the box to sell more worn jewelry. Why would a velvet bag mean that much to her? Plus they are not real velvet. Who is going to know if you wore the jewelry if you were careful with it? No one. We both agreed to cancel, actually she suggested it. I did get a refund. What a bizaar experience.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

On 1/10/2015 KatCat1 said:

This was the shortest transaction I have ever experienced. We agree that she would not send the box and then I asked for the velvet bag and she got upset that I was not playing fair. OMG! a little velvet bag. It was an older piece and then I start thinking she is wearing this jewelry and saves the box to sell more worn jewelry. Why would a velvet bag mean that much to her? Plus they are not real velvet. Who is going to know if you wore the jewelry if you were careful with it? No one. We both agreed to cancel, actually she suggested it. I did get a refund. What a bizaar experience.

Hmmm, I just don't think this is your week.