Respected Contributor

Re: Michael Anthony Jewelry on HSN

@Shanus wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

He has been on HSN as long as I can remember.  I was never tempted to purchase anything as his things always looked tinny and cheap.  I won't miss him.

@Kachina624   I never like to bash a fellow jeweler, but I purchased a two tone station necklace from this line years ago. It was thin and the rings/links were not properly soldered and filed. I'm really tough because I know  the details to look for. I sent it back. It was beautiful and I was sad I couldn't keep it.

I have four pieces from many, many years ago that are very high quality. I have the 14K yellow/rose gold guardian angel pendant from at least 30 years ago. My DH has a 14K anchor pendant of the same vintage which is at least 12 grams. And about 15 years ago I bought two 14K rope chains of about 10 or twelve grams which were on clearance for around $8 per gram. Both have been every day chains for all these years. I haven't bought anything since because prices went way up and MA switched over to mainly 10K.

Honored Contributor

I have a couple of his stainless steel pieces and they are lovely.  I also have a lovely necklace from Emma Skye stainless steel.  I am hoping Emma Skye will pop up some place else.  I have a nice necklace that is my go to.  Its yellow tone and silver.  I have had it for years.  Still looks new.

Trusted Contributor

I have MANY Michael Anthony/USA Gold pieces that I purchased from HSN (actually at great discount when they had the America's store network), from QVC, and yes QVC did sell "MA" gold but did not advertise it as "Michael Anthony: or "USA Gold" (purchased at the outlet store), and at Brick and Mortar retailers (All NHL/Philadelphia Flyers 14k jewelry). Michael Anthony is licensed to sell NHL, NFL etc.  Most of what I own are rope or snake chains and pendants. All of the items that I have are excellent quality and weight and are still as nice today as when I initially purchase them.. All items are inscribed with the "scripted" MA and are made in USA.  

I really enjoyed the USA gold shows on HSN, but the last time I saw one it seemed like it was a little of bit 10k and mostly stainless steel. 

Found this pic on poshmark, it is identical to one that I own, although this one looks a bit "worn".  You can see the inscribed MA on the back

Honored Contributor

Years ago he was known for his 14K rope chains, I have a long one, nice but very narrow. then he got into religious pieces in more recent years. 

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Years ago he was known for his 14K rope chains, I have a long one, nice but very narrow. then he got into religious pieces in more recent years. 

Nope. I have been watching for 30 years and he has always had religious pieces.