Respected Contributor

Re: Memories of QVC Jewelry presentations

@mjmm wrote:
Jill and Jane really pushed sterling silver. Joan Rivers really funny with Kathy. Lots of different colors of gold. Imperial gold bracelets.

Watching the new releases on YouTube?

Honored Contributor

So many colors of Diamonique back then too. I remember chocolate, canary, lilac and many more.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

does QVC sell any more Black Hill gold anymore?

Also, does anyone remember the really dreadful (and mercifully short) fad of different colors of gold? greens and purples and other garish colors?

Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

does QVC sell any more Black Hill gold anymore?

online only, Jim Whittaker's last appearance was California Gold Rush 2019

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

Also, does anyone remember the really dreadful (and mercifully short) fad of different colors of gold? greens and purples and other garish colors?

Like this?

QVC878528.jpg

QVC878762.jpgQVC878775.jpg

Respected Contributor

OMG, that's going to give me nightmares...again! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Years ago when Judith Ripka had a TSV (usually presented by Lisa R) there was a very active Ripka forum and we would discuss everything presented....I bought a lot of Ripka back then.  Though it was never cheap, it was a lot more affordable back then.

I also miss Michael Dawkins!  I still wear a lot of his that I bought years ago.

Honored Contributor

Colored gold, resin filled gold, and Bronzo were the reasons I stopped buying QVC jewelry for quite awhile.  If you are wearing gold you want people to know it  Colored gold might as well be costume.  Resin filled was just plain cheating.  Bronzo?  Even Tiffany's took a swing at alloyed gold.  I think (and hope) it all died out.  The original jewelry presentations were the reason I started with QVC.  I used to get the paper schedule and highlight all jewelry shows.  I ran my personal schedule around them as much as possible.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pat with the Elegance of 18K gold.  Used to be a monthly show. Loved, loved it.   18K yellow, white and rose we so different then 14K!!!   You could wear real diamonds on 18K white and the diamonds would blind you. 

Trusted Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Pat with the Elegance of 18K gold.  Used to be a monthly show. Loved, loved it.   18K yellow, white and rose we so different then 14K!!!   You could wear real diamonds on 18K white and the diamonds would blind you. 

I really enjoyed Pat on the Elegance of 18K gold shows. Before she did those shows, Jeff Hewson (thanks for the Jeffrey) hosted. And speaking of Jeff Hewson, does anyone recall him hosting the Beverly Hills gold shows? I think the vendors name was Claudia. She was definitely enamoured with Jeff. 

Honored Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

@songbird wrote:

I really enjoyed Pat on the Elegance of 18K gold shows. Before she did those shows, Jeff Hewson (thanks for the Jeffrey) hosted. And speaking of Jeff Hewson, does anyone recall him hosting the Beverly Hills gold shows? I think the vendors name was Claudia. She was definitely enamoured with Jeff. 

I never saw Jeff Hewson (he was before my time, I think) but Pat was wonderful.  I once wrote her, thanking her for puttng on such a lovely show.  She wrote back, thanking me for the compliment.  is the Jeff Hewson out of shopping channels?