Super Contributor

Memories of QVC Jewelry presentations

Jill and Jane really pushed sterling silver. Joan Rivers really funny with Kathy. Lots of different colors of gold. Imperial gold bracelets.
Honored Contributor

Re: Memories of QVC Jewelry presentations

@mjmm    Sigh.  Lots of good memories, huh?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@mjmm wrote:
Jill and Jane really pushed sterling silver. Joan Rivers really funny with Kathy. Lots of different colors of gold. Imperial gold bracelets.

And then there was Lisa Robertson w/ Judith Ripka and Scott Grimes!

Lisa was great with Joan Rivers and super successful and so much fun to watch the remotes from Italy as well !!

Honored Contributor

Of all the jewelry I purchased from QVC, what I wear most often are some of the Eterna Gold as well as some of the Honora pearls.  

Respected Contributor

I used to love the gold shows that Lisa R. presented in Italy. I couldn't afford much of the jewelry presented, but I really enjoyed seeing it. I can't remember if it was Lisa or Jill, but the first Tacori show that sold out in 15 minutes (instead of the expected hour) was a riot. The pace was more like an auction than a presentation.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Remeber the Gold Rush?  Everybody was in costume and had to sit on hay bales.  And the gold was affordable....thank goodness I bought a lot!!

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Trusted Contributor

I also remember the weekly Wednesday Night Gold Hour with Mary Beth. I prepared for Thanksgiving dinner the next day while enjoying that show for a few years. Pat Dementri also hosted an hourly 18K gold show. It was a New Year's Eve Special that was enjoyable.

I loved the 24 hour Gold Rush, almost always buying the TSV. It fell on the 17th of August each year and I looked forward to it so much that I called it my National Holiday. It usually fell into my summer vacation times.

Unlike now, the male hosts were pretty bad showing the jewelry.

Honored Contributor

@mjmm wrote:

I remember the first time I saw Barbara Bixby, Lisa Robertson was hosting.  The pieces were beautiful and Lisa was very detailed with her presentations.  

I enjoyed watching Lisa with Joan Rivers, they really enjoyed each other

I enjoyed Mary Beth presentations with Jewelry and I still do.  She is my favorite for jewelry

The Black Hills Gold shows were good.  

Respected Contributor

I always looked forward to watching Silver Style on Sunday.  First was Jane Tracy and then Jill Bauer.  I sure bought a lot from those shows.  I have sterling and enamal bangles from Italy I bought in every color and they still are my go to bracelets for summer.

Respected Contributor

I forgot to mention that I always took a vacation day from work for Big Bonanza Silver Day.