Honored Contributor

I love her and she is having a nice show on HSN, however her clothes are pricey.  I have not tried any of her pieces, but I enjoy watching her.

Respected Contributor

I bought a top from her last collection and it went back the very same day I received it.  Fabric was "cheap" but maybe that was my opinion because it sure looks like her clothes are selling.

Just looking at her personally tonight, she really trimmed down in recent months and it looks like she gained it all back? 

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't imagine MM would sell a bargin brand of clothing, I like the jeans they are showing now. I like how she owns being a short heavy woman and it doesn't seem to enter into how she designs and wears clothes. It  looks like anyone can wear her styles, I don't think you have to be 5ft8 and a size 2 to look good in your clothes.

Respected Contributor

I like her designs, and was really tempted to buy the tibetan print kimono top until I realized that over $90 for that top is more than I want to pay. Let me be clear....the top may be worth it to some and I certainly don't shy away from prices, but the price did stop me this time. I thought the show was really good and Amy did a great job.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I bought a top from her last collection and it went back the very same day I received it.  Fabric was "cheap" but maybe that was my opinion because it sure looks like her clothes are selling.

Just looking at her personally tonight, she really trimmed down in recent months and it looks like she gained it all back? 

What I thought too. I tell you when your used to eating it's hard to diet for the rest of your life.  

Trusted Contributor

I bought her girlfriend jeans last year on clearance.  They ran HUGE.  Depending on the maker, I'm a 6, 8, or 10  in jeans in the department store world (ahh vanity sizing).  I got a 6 in hers ( the only size left ) and  they were a good 2 to 3 inches too big in the waist and the legs. I would size down a size or 2 next time.  Don't know how big the tops run.

I kept them anyways because the price and quality was so good.  Wait until around August when HSN starts clearancing the stuff you're seeing now.  Her items were going for 7 to 10 dollars on clearance last summer.  Can't beat HSN sale prices.  They definitely know how to have a clearance sale.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I love her and she is having a nice show on HSN, however her clothes are pricey.  I have not tried any of her pieces, but I enjoy watching her.

I enjoyed her as well.   I like how she got a few of the audience members to step out of their comfort zone.   It's funny how some people can't see themselves as they really are.   MM suggested they wear color & prints and they were amazed.  Good for them!

I loved that top, too, but it looks like it would be a better fit for someone who has a full bust and needs waist definition.   That's not me! 

And I don't wear jeans.   I thought her's were ugly but I think most jeans are ugly.

Honored Contributor

@MezzieStarr wrote:

I bought her girlfriend jeans last year on clearance.  They ran HUGE.  Depending on the maker, I'm a 6, 8, or 10  in jeans in the department store world (ahh vanity sizing).  I got a 6 in hers ( the only size left ) and  they were a good 2 to 3 inches too big in the waist and the legs. I would size down a size or 2 next time.  Don't know how big the tops run.

I kept them anyways because the price and quality was so good.  Wait until around August when HSN starts clearancing the stuff you're seeing now.  Her items were going for 7 to 10 dollars on clearance last summer.  Can't beat HSN sale prices.  They definitely know how to have a clearance sale.

Isn't that the truth.  I purchased a two piece top set for $9.95 by Antthony.  The material is wonderful.

Honored Contributor

I think she is one of the greatest comediennes of all time.  I totally relate to her weight struggles, but I just wish her line were a little more affordable.  I end up sliding over to Evine where the prices allow an occasional frivilous purchase. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Melissa Mccarthy

[ Edited ]

My daughter's wedding last June was an informal garden wedding and I wore a Melissa McCarthy dress.  I originally saw the dress on HSN but when I re-visited weeks later, my size was gone.  So, I bought it from McCarthy's website @ the same price.  So, there are no price breaks on HSN.  It was $129, more expensive than a lot of shopping channel fashions but I wouldn't call that expensive.  I have to find someone to give it to or maybe just donate it somewhere.   I lost 55lbs since last summer, I'll never wear that dress again.