Respected Contributor

Re: Mary Beth & Rick on finale of Cali Gold Rush! BRAVO!!

On 1/24/2015 stevieb said:
On 1/24/2015 aprilskies said:
On 1/24/2015 jackthebear said:

WAs flipping channels and saw them together, such a change since one host left that others are getting to work more. Whether by choice or not.

Of course, it sort of says something that they had to pull out two of their 'big guns' to do what one would have done...

Wink

Doesn't mean that at all. Just means that qvc is changing it up and this was a good start. I think both Rick or Mary Beth do fine on their own. New leadership, new changes. And I don't mean changing it up as far as hosts, just in general.

The CEO remains the same... A couple of changes were made in management of the US operation... and mostly those changes were internal, so not sure there's really 'new management'... Changing it up would be a good thing, but I guess where it would make the most difference is with the mix of products, brands and programming and looking at the schedule I guess I'm just not seeing it, today and tomorrow being excellent cases in point... Honestly, I'm glad so many folks enjoyed this pairing, but it hardly means QVC is suddenly flush with great programming...

Claire Watts was the US CEO, she left qvc. That's definitely a leadership change and it wouldn't matter if it was only internal or external. I agree that one or two shows doesn't indicate the direction qvc will take, but maybe they will start to change things and bring back some "old" qvc in a new way, if that makes sense. The old style presentations were so much more enjoyable and so were some of the products they buried. Time will tell what they do.
Valued Contributor

On 1/24/2015 milly said:
On 1/24/2015 milly said:
On 1/24/2015 milly said:
On 1/24/2015 milly said:

WAs flipping channels and saw them together, such a change since one host left that others are getting to work more. Whether by choice or not.

Of course, it sort of says something that they had to pull out two of their 'big guns' to do what one would have done...

Wink

Personally, I'm doing a "happy dance" they pulled the two out. Maybe there is a slight glimmer of hope for QVC.

Each to their own... but regardless, looking at the line-up for today would tend to dash any hopes one might have... and tomorrow isn't looking too great either.

Agree. Slight referred to the host pairing and selling technique. As far as product selection in general at QVC "NO". They should rename Plus to "QVC Maniac" and send the hyper drive hosts over there.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Of course you realize that more times than not, Rick would be 'over there'...

Wink

I tried to watch the Roberta's show the other night and he was in orbit! It was too late for that level of frenzy, so I had to turn it off and go to bed. The poor kid from Roberta's not only couldn't get a word in edgewise, but appeared to be shell shocked! Rick appeared to have toned it down a few notches last night...

Rick could be on either channel. I actually think that was the real Rick last night with Mary Beth. I counted about 10 hosts that go over to Plus. And surprisingly enough they weren't all the new ones. But there are a "big 3" that could headline over there.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

QVC's very own version of Vegas! Let's just hope that what happens in Plus stays in Plus...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

You are so funny. Are you reading my mind????? As two of the headliners just got back from Vegas. And with their yapping nothing would stay there!!

Wink

Oh, I know at least one of those of whom you speak... and no, there's no way her yapping can be contained... None...

I think I might've just figured out the second one and if I'm right, she's on right now... I was watching Dooney and the Dell show came on. Of course, I turned it off, but not before JG (the other probably being AI) started the big ramp up...

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

You did read my mind!!

Respected Contributor

They are both first class professionals. Jill Bauer as well.

Honored Contributor

Wink

Doesn't mean that at all. Just means that qvc is changing it up and this was a good start. I think both Rick or Mary Beth do fine on their own. New leadership, new changes. And I don't mean changing it up as far as hosts, just in general.

The CEO remains the same... A couple of changes were made in management of the US operation... and mostly those changes were internal, so not sure there's really 'new management'... Changing it up would be a good thing, but I guess where it would make the most difference is with the mix of products, brands and programming and looking at the schedule I guess I'm just not seeing it, today and tomorrow being excellent cases in point... Honestly, I'm glad so many folks enjoyed this pairing, but it hardly means QVC is suddenly flush with great programming...

Claire Watts was the US CEO, she left qvc. That's definitely a leadership change and it wouldn't matter if it was only internal or external. I agree that one or two shows doesn't indicate the direction qvc will take, but maybe they will start to change things and bring back some "old" qvc in a new way, if that makes sense. The old style presentations were so much more enjoyable and so were some of the products they buried. Time will tell what they do.

Claire Watts reported to Mike George, as do the Vice Presidents who replaced her... I guess my perspective is that the overall CEO is at least as responsible for the directions QVC has pursued in recent years as was Watts... I hope we DO see some meaningful changes at QVC and it again becomes watchable, but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the relevance of whether or not changes in leadership are made from inside an organization. Watts really pushed the whole 'social shopping' thing heavily and we can certainly hope some of that focus subsides, although it's my understanding, though I could be wrong, that one of those promoted was largely responsible for the now largely defunct 'togather'... We'll see how this unfolds and hope for the best!

Smile

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 1/24/2015 culebra said:

They are both first class professionals. Jill Bauer as well.

It's said a lot but is so true, Mary Beth is a class act. Personally, I can live without the other two.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I thought we got a little bit of Vintage QVC last night. For me, it was one of the better gold rush shows I had seen in many years.

moongirl