Honored Contributor

Re: Mary Beth & Rick on finale of Cali Gold Rush! BRAVO!!

So you enjoyed it all and had fun. Anyone buy anything? What beauties are you expecting next week?
Honored Contributor

The prevailing opinion seems to be a positive one... but I have to be the naysayer. While Rick was more palatable with Mary Beth than he'd have been alone, I'd have preferred her solo... I watched for a few minutes, but simply don't care for him so turned it off... Personally, I think I'd have preferred Antonella and Nancy... Do agree, though, it was nice to see the hosts dressed up and, overall, acting a bit less frantic. Of course, my recollection is that hosts tend always to dress up for gold shows.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Enjoyed the show very much, Mary Beth & Rick had a great time and it showed. Wish they paired them together again some time. Mary Beth is so special...Rick too.

Loved seeing Pat also. Didn't buy anything but still enjoyed the humor.

Honored Contributor

On 1/24/2015 Mad for Plaid said:

So true!! They were wonderful. I truly wish every host who has left QVC all the best but it was nice to see the others shine yesterday. Kudos to Pat James Dementri too. Her grace and dignity define "class." I hope QVC gets back to quality products that sell themselves with a little help from professional hosts like Rick and Mary Beth.

Wish I'd have seen Pat's show... I was home, but for some reason just didn't turn the TV on... She's a joy to watch and usually does a nice job with jewelry.

Valued Contributor

Maybe they can send all the silly hosts to Q Plus and keep the professional ones on QVC. That way everyone can be happy. Although I'm not sure they'd have enough professional ones to fill the time slots. I also appreciated the professional dressing. I hope the days of overdone dressing are gone. Mary Beth and Rick are good friends and it showed.

Honored Contributor

I was surprised at Rick. He wasn't manic like he can be sometimes. Their banter was great and I enjoyed their show. I hope they pair Rick and Mary Beth up on more shows.

Honored Contributor

On 1/24/2015 jackthebear said:

WAs flipping channels and saw them together, such a change since one host left that others are getting to work more. Whether by choice or not.

Of course, it sort of says something that they had to pull out two of their 'big guns' to do what one would have done...

Wink

Honored Contributor

Reading through the thread, though, I guess we can see why they don't do more gold shows... While it seems many of us appreciated some of the gold programming yesterday, and watching off and on throughout the day it did seem as though some things were selling, there are an awful lot of statements from folks saying they enjoyed it but didn't buy anything...

Valued Contributor

On 1/24/2015 stevieb said:

WAs flipping channels and saw them together, such a change since one host left that others are getting to work more. Whether by choice or not.

Of course, it sort of says something that they had to pull out two of their 'big guns' to do what one would have done...

Wink

Personally, I'm doing a "happy dance" they pulled the two out. Maybe there is a slight glimmer of hope for QVC.

Honored Contributor

On 1/24/2015 milly said:
On 1/24/2015 stevieb said:

Wink

Personally, I'm doing a "happy dance" they pulled the two out. Maybe there is a slight glimmer of hope for QVC.

Each to their own... but regardless, looking at the line-up for today would tend to dash any hopes one might have... and tomorrow isn't looking too great either.