Frequent Contributor

Re: Mary Beth & Rick on finale of Cali Gold Rush! BRAVO!!

LOVED IT...............was great.....they are good together........QVC hit a homer

Frequent Contributor

i have the stick earrings on wait...................bought my mom a bangle........and myself a ring..................it was a good day

Regular Contributor

I thought they both were a bit too frenzied the way they bounced on air. I felt that Rick was about to burst into his typical exaggerated over the top presentation style and (here's the key - gosh I wish she'do stop saying that) Mary Beth was trying to match his excitement. I turned it off. To be frank I can't watch either one of them for long.
Valued Contributor

On 1/24/2015 stevieb said:
On 1/24/2015 milly said:
On 1/24/2015 milly said:
On 1/24/2015 milly said:
On 1/24/2015 jackthebear said:

WAs flipping channels and saw them together, such a change since one host left that others are getting to work more. Whether by choice or not.

Of course, it sort of says something that they had to pull out two of their 'big guns' to do what one would have done...

Wink

Personally, I'm doing a "happy dance" they pulled the two out. Maybe there is a slight glimmer of hope for QVC.

Each to their own... but regardless, looking at the line-up for today would tend to dash any hopes one might have... and tomorrow isn't looking too great either.

Agree. Slight referred to the host pairing and selling technique. As far as product selection in general at QVC "NO". They should rename Plus to "QVC Maniac" and send the hyper drive hosts over there.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Of course you realize that more times than not, Rick would be 'over there'...

Wink

I tried to watch the Roberta's show the other night and he was in orbit! It was too late for that level of frenzy, so I had to turn it off and go to bed. The poor kid from Roberta's not only couldn't get a word in edgewise, but appeared to be shell shocked! Rick appeared to have toned it down a few notches last night...

Rick could be on either channel. I actually think that was the real Rick last night with Mary Beth. I counted about 10 hosts that go over to Plus. And surprisingly enough they weren't all the new ones. But there are a "big 3" that could headline over there.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

QVC's very own version of Vegas! Let's just hope that what happens in Plus stays in Plus...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

You are so funny. Are you reading my mind????? As two of the headliners just got back from Vegas. And with their yapping nothing would stay there!!

Honored Contributor

I no longer buy gold jewelry, but I just happened to turn over to them, and it was so good to see Mary Beth doing gold shows again, and of course, Rick is a good at anything, IMO! The "old timers" haven't lost their spunk!

Honored Contributor

On 1/24/2015 milly said:
On 1/24/2015 milly said:
On 1/24/2015 milly said:
On 1/24/2015 milly said:

WAs flipping channels and saw them together, such a change since one host left that others are getting to work more. Whether by choice or not.

Of course, it sort of says something that they had to pull out two of their 'big guns' to do what one would have done...

Wink

Personally, I'm doing a "happy dance" they pulled the two out. Maybe there is a slight glimmer of hope for QVC.

Each to their own... but regardless, looking at the line-up for today would tend to dash any hopes one might have... and tomorrow isn't looking too great either.

Agree. Slight referred to the host pairing and selling technique. As far as product selection in general at QVC "NO". They should rename Plus to "QVC Maniac" and send the hyper drive hosts over there.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Wink

I tried to watch the Roberta's show the other night and he was in orbit! It was too late for that level of frenzy, so I had to turn it off and go to bed. The poor kid from Roberta's not only couldn't get a word in edgewise, but appeared to be shell shocked! Rick appeared to have toned it down a few notches last night...

Rick could be on either channel. I actually think that was the real Rick last night with Mary Beth. I counted about 10 hosts that go over to Plus. And surprisingly enough they weren't all the new ones. But there are a "big 3" that could headline over there.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

QVC's very own version of Vegas! Let's just hope that what happens in Plus stays in Plus...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

You are so funny. Are you reading my mind????? As two of the headliners just got back from Vegas. And with their yapping nothing would stay there!!

Wink

Oh, I know at least one of those of whom you speak... and no, there's no way her yapping can be contained... None...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 1/24/2015 Tenners said: I thought they both were a bit too frenzied the way they bounced on air. I felt that Rick was about to burst into his typical exaggerated over the top presentation style and (here's the key - gosh I wish she'do stop saying that) Mary Beth was trying to match his excitement. I turned it off. To be frank I can't watch either one of them for long.

I turned if off as soon as I saw Rick. But it wouldn't surprise me if she was taking cues from him.

Honored Contributor

On 1/24/2015 Tenners said: I thought they both were a bit too frenzied the way they bounced on air. I felt that Rick was about to burst into his typical exaggerated over the top presentation style and (here's the key - gosh I wish she'do stop saying that) Mary Beth was trying to match his excitement. I turned it off. To be frank I can't watch either one of them for long.

I'm kind of there with you, based on the short bit I watched. Mary Beth definitely toned him down a bit, but he also ramped her up a bit... I tend to like Mary Beth, but have never been able to take Rick... And while I too would like to see a bit more of the 'old Q', I guess I'm not so much of the opinion based on this one show that everything old is new again...

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Valued Contributor

It looked like Rick got a ""fresh"" highlight for the show!! He sure looked blonde...haha

Honored Contributor

On 1/24/2015 milly said:
On 1/24/2015 milly said:
On 1/24/2015 milly said:
On 1/24/2015 milly said:

Wink

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Wink

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Wink

Oh, I know at least one of those of whom you speak... and no, there's no way her yapping can be contained... None...

I think I might've just figured out the second one and if I'm right, she's on right now... I was watching Dooney and the Dell show came on. Of course, I turned it off, but not before JG (the other probably being AI) started the big ramp up...

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}