Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Can someone post a link or an item number for QVC's man-made diamonds? I can't seem to find them. Thanks.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee 

https://www.qvc.com/jewelry/_/N-1z12ox4Z1z12v5iZmflu/c.html?redirectTerm=Moissanite

Thank you @Kachina624. But all I see there is Moissanite , no man-made diamonds.  Maybe those are sold out...?

Honored Contributor

I would take a moissanite over a diamond any day of the week.  I have a few pieces, some going back 15+ years and they all look like new.  

Some people say there is a yellowish or greenish tint to moissanite.  This may be only the lowest grade.  None of mine do but I have heard about it with the lowest grade (usually sold on JTV and other lesser shopping networks).  However, the originals we purchased 15+ years ago don't have any tint to them.  

I'm not fond of rough diamonds....at least those I've seen to date.  To me, they look like dirty rocks.

I can spot CZ a mile away.  There is a huge difference between CZ and moissanite and between CZ and diamond.  

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee

Wow, thanks for the information!  I'm gonna give a pair of earrings a try.  If I like it, maybe a pendant.  I'm not a ring person, and I have never considered purchasing Moissanite, but I understand that strontium titanate is a naturally occuring mineral. I've read glowing reviews of the stuff, so I'm gonna give it a shot.

Thanks for your helpful reply!

Honored Contributor

Re: Man made diamonds.

[ Edited ]

@VegasBusinessWoman,

There's a 'Try Me Price' pair of  colorless strontium titanate one-carat each ear studs set in sterling right now on JTV. They also come in the gold-over, too. I saw them yesterday on their strontium show. The item number for these stud earrings is  ILH069 . Customer top-rated. You will love them! 

eta - If you buy JTV 'Try Me Price' items today only, you can return or exchange for free using their return label. That's a good deal!

Valued Contributor

Love love love Moissanite. 

Respected Contributor

I have a pair of 2.2 TCW, 14k yellow gold Moissanite studs that I purchased on sale from JTV and I absolutely LOVE them. They're beautiful and just large enough to grab your attention, but not so large that they're not believable. I often put them in and leave them for days. They're much, much prettier than my "real" diamond earrings.

Over the weekend, I order a pair of asscher cut strontium titanate earrings and halo pendant, both in 10k yellow gold from JTV. I'm planning on adding them to my travel jewelry collection. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

@Remar wrote:

I was looking through the jewelry here on QVC and saw that they're selling man made diamonds that are very expensive. Some of the pieces costs thousands. I don't inderstand what the difference is between these, CZ's or Moissanites. They're all man made stones.

Can anyone tell me the difference? And have any of you girl bought any of these pieces? Personally, I couldn't see myself spending a couple grand on a ring with man made stones.

Me neither.

Trusted Contributor

I can spot CZ a mile away.  There is a huge difference between CZ and moissanite and between CZ and diamond.  

This is interesting; can you describe th differences?

Since I know Diamonique is just fake diamonds, I'm astonished at the prices QVC charges, and even more astonished that anyone is willing to pay. THEY ARE FAKE DIAMONDS, FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!!!!

Honored Contributor

Fake flowers are often bigger, brighter and last longer than real ones.  But they are different.  You can tell which is which usually.  Sometimes it is hard, but in the end they aren't the same. 

Respected Contributor

@FuzzyFace wrote:

This is interesting; can you describe th differences?

Since I know Diamonique is just fake diamonds, I'm astonished at the prices QVC charges, and even more astonished that anyone is willing to pay. THEY ARE FAKE DIAMONDS, FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!!!!

Because you're still paying for the metal (silver or gold) and the hand-cutting. If you buy a cheap silver CZ ring at the drugstore, it's probably only silver-plated instead of silver and machine cut instead of hand-cut.