Esteemed Contributor

Magnetic attachments for pins and brooches

[ Edited ]

I remember  QVC sellling magnetic attachments for pins or brooches. They attach to the pin so that you didn't have to pin it through the fabric. Joan showed them in her presentations often- and it was a  popular jewelry accessory on the web in general. I can't recall the name of the item- can anyone [hopefully!]? Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Magnetic attachments or pins

You can buy them in your own town from local merchants.  Anyone who does engraving and makes name tags will have them in stock.

Contributor

Yes I believe they are called magna pins, I havent checked to see if QVC still sells them but you can try ebay or amazonSmiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I might have what you're referring to that I got a very long time ago. The ones I have you slide a piece (it's magnatized) over the pin (the needle like part), close the pin then put the other half of the contraption under what your wearing and the magnet on that part attracts the other part and holds the pin in place. Geez, probably not the best description but hope you get the picture. Anyhow, I used mine a couple of times and then gave it up because the upper part of whatever pin I was wearing would fall forward bringing the fabric or whatever i was wearing with it due to the weight of the pin and the fact that the needle part was always in the middle of the back of the pin. Probably would work better if that part was up near the top of the pin or maybe on smaller light weight pins.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Magnetic attachments for pins and brooches

[ Edited ]

Thanks all. I found it - MagnaPin!!!!

Now to see if I can still find them..... I bought the ts on hsn and this accessory would be great to use with the pin set.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

You might go to David D blog, etc and ask him if there is any chance that he and the team might bring the magna pin back again.  He has reintroduced a few things from the vault.  Today it was a lg bee pin from about 10 years ago.  If it works and does not pull on the fabric as 1 person just said I would be interested in buying more than one.  I have arthritis in my fingers.  This sounds like it is just what I need to make it easy for me to wear my large collection of pins.  I hope you find them.  Please share your find with us.  Thank you.

UPDATE. I just Googled MagnaPin.  It gave me QVC.  It is item #J19994 Magna Pin Jewelry fastener.  It has 3.5 stars but the concerns should be easy to remedy.  The last review was 1/2014.  I first did a search for magna pin on QVC can their site said nothing found.   Maybe you could make an entry in the forum suggestion box.

Trusted Contributor

@Ibby114.  Try magnapin.com.  Just found.  Looks good at first glance.  Might be what we want.

Respected Contributor

MAGNAPIN FASHION JEWELRY ACCESSORY QVC NO HOLES IN FABRIC Corsage/Boutonnière

$10 on ebay.

Regular Contributor

I bought the Magnapin set from Qvc like so many did. Please be aware that all magnets are not the same in strength and will not hold heavy pins.Many of us lost beautiful pins that could not be replaced.Walking down the street and look down and the pin was gone....Kjl suggested that you pin the pin through bra strap or a small piece of rubber from an eraser or rubber band  at the end of the pin and push it down and that way if it came unfastened it would still not fall off.  This saved me more than once....

@Ibby114 wrote:

I remember  QVC sellling magnetic attachments for pins or brooches. They attach to the pin so that you didn't have to pin it through the fabric. Joan showed them in her presentations often- and it was a  popular jewelry accessory on the web in general. I can't recall the name of the item- can anyone [hopefully!]? Thanks!

Honored Contributor

I've had these for many years - I use one to attach a raindeer pin to my red leather purse every year for the holidays. It has never failed me.