Honored Contributor

Re: MY DECADES OF JEWELRY STYLING....

H*ll yes, girlfriend !!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus   Your pic reminds me of Madonna and what she wore in the 80's. I used to wear necklaces like that too...even now every once in awhile depending on the outfit I'm wearing.

Those necklaces are nice...especially like the longest one with the cross. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I didn't realize it was ever out of style. Who determines what's in style and why should we follow them? Maybe if one is a designer, but otherwise there is no reason. 

@teganslaw 

When any group hops on to that style, the largest group will stand out.  Influencers drove the "stacked" look and the mid to older teens with 20's, dropped in line; they enjoy not looking like their elders.

Respected Contributor

I love that look!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That jewelry photo is what my sister wears.  Good jewelry (real gold and silver) but piles it on. Especially bracelets. She's a David Yurman fan, etc.  Some days I see her with 5 bracelets  (always the odd number)    I prefer it as less is more.  I always wear one simple piece.  

Honored Contributor

@Franklinbell   I copied the photo from Pintrest, but basically, I do wear a shorter link chain, a few finer chains w/ pendents and then my ever present pearls. Some of the look is inherited and/or purchased or gifted by DH. 

I change out the chains to gold or silver, but the pearls are always there.

Honored Contributor

@songbird   Love DY because some of my piecews (sold a lot) are two-tone and help with stacking necklaces or bracelets...only on left arm w/ watch. 

I'm not a big ring wearer except my wedding set, so right hand and arm are usually bare.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@songbird   Love DY because some of my piecews (sold a lot) are two-tone and help with stacking necklaces or bracelets...only on left arm w/ watch. 

I'm not a big ring wearer except my wedding set, so right hand and arm are usually bare.

Yes!  I have several two tone pieces.  It helps as a bridge with yellow gold and silver. You usually have more silver then gold.  That way you can wear more jewelry.

Valued Contributor

Layering is nice, I remember doing it in the 1970's with my 1928 jewelry co. necklaces. It trends on and off, a couple years ago I saw images of Rhianna and Hailey Bieber layering. 

layering.jpg

Uncle Herb's big party