Hi @Shanus Happy Holidays!

I like this look!  

Trusted Contributor

Re: MY DECADES OF JEWELRY STYLING....

As far as I am concerned, it was never "out of style."

“If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” -Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

I didn't realize it was ever out of style. Who determines what's in style and why should we follow them? Maybe if one is a designer, but otherwise there is no reason. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw   For quite awhile, we saw large statement type necklaces. Then it was only a very fine chain. Now it seems like stacking different lengths.

I don't really adhere to what's in style or I wouldn't have been paring my necklaces like this for many decades.  

Respected Contributor

Surprise to me: my grandgirls HS Sr and Jr HIgh ages, want gold tone jewlery. They dont wear the heavier silver but prefer the more delicate gold layers. 

Honored Contributor

Interesting because fine jewelry is hidden around here. I rarely even see women wearing earrings anymore. With today's athleisurewear layers of chains look more retro to me than new and current. Of course the older generation like myself, stand out wearing layers of jewelry as it was a thing back in the day...

Respected Contributor

@Shanus 

It is interesting how jewelry styles evolve and as you say, sometimes boomerang and come back.  Sometimes chunky, sometimes minimalist which personally annoys me, I love big and bold ha.

As a jewelry dealer I view the trends but since a lot of my pieces are vintage there is a market for everything.  Never ceases to amaze me the vast array of designs and the individuals that continue to add to their collections.

Respected Contributor

To me, jewelry never goes out of style.  I have many statement pieces and semi-statement pieces and still and have always wore them.  I am not really one for the small chain with gem/charm look but my grandkids wear that style.

I also have always liked to layer necklaces.

I would like to wear an armful of bracelet/bangles but have not got the knack to do that.  I usually wear two bangles or just one gemstone or cuff bracelet.

I always have a ring on both my middle fingers and would like to wear a handful but also do not have the knack for making that look right.

Honored Contributor

I don't care what is in or out.  I have a lifetime of good jewelry and I wear it.