Honored Contributor

Re: MOISSANITE JEWELRY NOW ONLINE

There is a huge difference between CZ and Moissanite.  

I can spot CZ a mile away.  It's generally flatter in shine and color, almost glass-like.  CZ can sparkle if cut correctly but it will never match that of a diamond or moissanite.

I prefer moissanite over diamonds.  The sparkle and shine is superior to diamonds sold most anywhere...unless you're paying for the absolute best diamond. I have some moissanite going back 15+ years and they are just as outstanding as they were when new.  

Q's selection is pretty boring unless you want an engagement ring.  Many vendors offer moissanite in lots of styles and gold colors.  I particularly hope Q expands their selection to rose gold.

There are different grades of moissanite.  The lower grades are usually reserved for sterling silver but I have seen some in gold.  Sometimes, not always, the low grade will have a yellowish or greenish tint to it.  However, none of mine have it and the first piece was purchased back before there were different grades.  It likely depends on the cut.

check out moissaniteco dot com.  They'll even make an item in rose gold if wanted.  Their customer service is great too.

Respected Contributor

The online prices shown here seem to low to be the good quality Moissanite.  I am surprised they give no info on the color of the stones.

Valued Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

The online prices shown here seem to low to be the good quality Moissanite.  I am surprised they give no info on the color of the stones.

In the presentation that was posted online with one of the pairs of earrings, with Jane Treacy and the vendor, they said that the stones were near-colorless. 

Super Contributor

They did say near colorless. I'm really hoping they get in some DEF color pieces. And really, why can't they put this in the description that they're GHI color?

Have any of you girls received pieces that you've ordered? I love to see pictures of what people have bought and how they wear them. Meaning, if they wear several bracelets, rings or necklaces together.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got a pair of 2.20 carat (total) Moissanite studs on sale from JTV earlier this year. They're set in 14k yellow gold. I did buy better backs for them as I felt the ones provided were quite flimsy. They are absolutely beautiful and I often put them in and leave them for weeks at a time. I stopped by my local jeweler to have a few pieces cleaned, including the earrings, and they oooohhed and aaahhhed over the earrings. When I shared how much I paid for them (they asked if I'd mind telling them), the response was that I'd gotten a great deal. I'm not really one to buy costume jewelry or lab manufactured stones, but will definitely consider more Moissanite pieces in the future. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Valued Contributor

@Equuleus I purchased my Moissanite unseen and it was gorgeous! I cant wait to purchase more.

Honored Contributor

I bought my moissy studs from JTV this year and although they are about 1-carat in each ear, I now want some bigger ones! So I checked for some that were 2-carat in each ear and those cost a bit more than I wanted to spend. Instead I bought a pair of 9mm (about 3-carats) strontium titanante round studs and holy moly do they ever sparkle!!! Unbelievable really but I love the sparkle and twinkle on my ear lobes. Strontium is a very soft stone so I would not recommend it for a ring or bracelet...but for earrings or pendants is the perfect super-sparkler.

Respected Contributor

Glad you love your new earrings.  The 3ct TW is a great size for earrings.

Super Contributor

JTV had a Moissanite show last night. Many of the pieces were on sale so when I saw the 1 1/2 ct solitaire pendant set in 14k white gold with a nice 14k box chain, I bought it. It's one of their Moissanite Fire [ieces which is colorless. I'm really hoping the stone is as nice as the ring I bought from them about 3 months ago.

I don't wear costume or CZ's either but I thought I would give Moissanite a try and I was not disappointed with my ring. Oh, and the necklace was $250. I know it's a whole lot more on the Charles and Covard site.

I wanted to get the .80ct white gold solitaire necklace set in 14k for my daughter but the chain was awful and so thin. I know my daughter and even though she's grown I have to buy her necklaces that have a box chain. At $180 and then having to buy another chain I didn't think it was worth it.

I'm forgetting the name of who said they bought the 2ct studs. I'm so glad you like them. I plan to keep an eye out for their Moissanite shows because I would really like to get that size in studs. I have 1 ct diamond studs, that I love. You go up in size to 2 ct in diamonds and oh my gosh! They're so expensive.

Valued Contributor

Not many reviews posted for the moissanite jewelry. At least not from people who actually bought items. (Don't understand why people write reviews when they haven't actually bought an item.) Odd since the shows were over two weeks ago. 

There are a few reviews for the rings but only a couple for the earrings.