Esteemed Contributor

Re: MIchael Dawkins is Back!

@Sir Cancelot wrote:

Sammy,  I am watching and am disappointed to say that the hefty increase in jewelery prices has affected his  designs.  Pieces sill have some of his original designs but they are very light weight.  Compared to what they are showing, the pieces that I own would at least be $1,000 or more. It must be hard to create when you are limited in the price range .

This is why I went for the ring only, for now. I have many of his original  pieces The reality is, time moves on, and a volume seller like QVC needs to hit a certain margin. Thus, for hefty pieces we'll pay heftier prices.  It reminds me of Ann King, who produced lovely pieces, substantial pieces, but as the reality of hitting the margin set in, she tried to accommodate but , as you say, it is hard for the designer to work within those increasingly restrictive parameters, and that was it.

I'll post a review if you like when I receive it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lynettey   Welcome back, Michael.  Love his jewelry and like him very much.  I missed his show today but I do not have QVC2.  I know I can watch it on my computer but it's not the same.  I want Michael back on QVC.  He is the best!  We have missed you, Michael, and your talent.   HeartCat Very Happy  I own a few of his rings and bracelets and I am very selective when it comes to jewelry.

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Very happy, love his jewelry!

Esteemed Contributor

Currently there are over 800 Micheal Dawkins pieces on the Bay (some at great prices).

Respected Contributor

I own one of the necklaces he brought back in its previous iteration J358494 Mother of Pearl and lemon Quartz 36" necklace.  It is a beauty!  I still wear it and love it.

Esteemed Contributor

Not that I need anymore jewelry but I sure brought quite a few of his pieces years ago that I still wear and they still look fabulous.

Welcome Back Michael Dawkins!

Occasional Contributor

i'm very happy to see that Michael Dawkins is back!  I have quite a collection and look forward to adding to it!