Honored Contributor

Re: MADE IT THROUGH THE JEWELERY SHOWS AND.......

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Shanus    I've never been in love with JAI jewelry.  I've ordered a couple of things over the years and send them back.  It seems rather masculine to me.  I really dislike Scott Grimes who comes across as arrogant.

I go to my jewelry boxes and find I like what I already own so much better than what they're selling now.  It's better quality, nicely designed and much heavier silver.  If I had your skills and equipment, I'd never buy a single piece.

@Kachina624   Yes, I do make most of my jewelry, but some pieces are so complicated, require special equipment and materials. If the piece is worth the money (not as expensive as my buying what I'd need to make it), I'm all in. 

I agree I like what I already have in my collection. Years ago silver pieces were heavier w/ more silver weight and much better stones. I'm happy to have the skills to still make jewelry like that.

Trusted Contributor

I guess I'm the dissenting voice here - I like JAI pieces.  I don't buy all the time but when I do the pieces are weighty and blend right in with my DY & JH jewelry.  I have a couple of the 2-tone pieces which look like they would exactly fit into the JH Palu collection.  The JAI gemstone necklace with the large solitaire gemstone is also gorgeous.  It is costly but a fraction of what a DY necklace like that would cost.  I wear my jewelry all the time so it has to wear like iron - & the JAI pieces I bought are all sturdy as well as nice-looking in my opinion. 

Honored Contributor

@nova wrote:

I guess I'm the dissenting voice here - I like JAI pieces.  I don't buy all the time but when I do the pieces are weighty and blend right in with my DY & JH jewelry.  I have a couple of the 2-tone pieces which look like they would exactly fit into the JH Palu collection.  The JAI gemstone necklace with the large solitaire gemstone is also gorgeous.  It is costly but a fraction of what a DY necklace like that would cost.  I wear my jewelry all the time so it has to wear like iron - & the JAI pieces I bought are all sturdy as well as nice-looking in my opinion. 

Agree.  Although I don't care for the "hokey" pieces. 

Occasional Contributor

Re: MADE IT THROUGH THE JEWELRY SHOWS AND.......

Stopped watching jewelry shows, as the last three thing I ordered never arrived. For some reason the get to North Carolina and stop there. I have received credit, but what is the point of ordering if it doesn't arrive. Anyone else have this problem?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MADE IT THROUGH THE JEWELRY SHOWS AND.......

I have  far too many pieces of everything stored away.  No idea why I have a collections.  I am not a jewelry person.  My daughters don't even want what I have.  I have stopped buying and I feel free and happy.  Must have been some sort of addiction back then.