Honored Contributor

I love all shapes of pearls. I just bought a coin pearl necklace. I love the unusual shapes ,as long as they are lustrous ,that is all I care about

I have 3 strings of salt water pearls in various lengths and styles..I wouldn't want any more round ones

Super Contributor

@songbird Then you are looking for high end jewelry stores and most people got cultured pearls; natural perfectly round pearls are rare, and you can get them if you  are filthy rich. Maybe you can find them in a restaurant. Just order oysters and you will see if your oyster have a pearl.  That happened to a guy who ordered a dish with oysters. When when was eating one, suddenly he felt something hard in his mouth and it took it off to see what it was, he was shocked. It was an enormous soft purple color shade round pearl. He set the pearl into a necklace for his wife. If you want your pearls from the natural source  then start a campaign for cleaning the ocean. There is a lot of people who throw garbage on it or pee and poop in it.

Super Contributor

@faeriemoon You can get baroque pearls in Sterling silver.

Honored Contributor

@Margui wrote:

@faeriemoon You can get baroque pearls in Sterling silver.

My favorites!!

Super Contributor

@lolakimono They are so cute. Pearls are classic, they never get old. I love my pearl set of necklace and earrings that my parents  gave me for my wedding.

Honored Contributor

@Margui wrote:

@songbird Then you are looking for high end jewelry stores and most people got cultured pearls; natural perfectly round pearls are rare, and you can get them if you  are filthy rich. Maybe you can find them in a restaurant. Just order oysters and you will see if your oyster have a pearl.  That happened to a guy who ordered a dish with oysters. When when was eating one, suddenly he felt something hard in his mouth and it took it off to see what it was, he was shocked. It was an enormous soft purple color shade round pearl. He set the pearl into a necklace for his wife. If you want your pearls from the natural source  then start a campaign for cleaning the ocean. There is a lot of people who throw garbage on it or pee and poop in it.

No thanks.  I'd like them in an oyster bed where people can poke and torture them to their hearts content.

Super Contributor

Re: Love Pearls!

[ Edited ]

@cherry Me too. Pearls don't need to be perfect all the time. In fact, nature is not perfect, so if the oyster produce a baroque pearl with a lot of nacre, that's also beautiful. Round unblemished pearls are rare in nature or mostly cultured (oyster farms). Man is the one who put the rules of the "perfect" pearl, not nature.

Respected Contributor

My motto....

Image result for i love pearls

Respected Contributor

@Margui   It sounds like the man was lucky to find a wild Quahog (mercenaria Mercenaria)  Some of these non nacerous pearls are quite lovely.

Respected Contributor

@Margui wrote:

@cherry Me too. Pearls don't need to be perfect all the time. In fact, nature is not perfect, so if the oyster produce a baroque pearl with a lot of nacre, that's also beautiful. Round unblemished pearls are rare in nature or mostly cultured (oyster farms). Man is the one who put the rules of the "perfect" pearl, not nature.

@Margui  I finally purchased by first wild natural pearl last year. It is very special and I love wearing it.