Trusted Contributor

Re: Love Michael Dawkins!!! 🧡

I also ordered something from him yesterday - J361588 - the sterling granulation drop cultured pearl ring.  I ordered the gray pearl choice as I love the tonal look in the silver.  I thought about it all day & when it was still available last night I placed the order.  I have nothing like that ring so I'm excited to get it.

Honored Contributor

I saw the show he did with Ally Carr, I didn't recognize him at first and I didn't order anything, his jewelry is nice though.

Frequent Contributor

I have been collecting Michael Dawkins jewelry since the very beginning. I have so many beautiful pieces, (way too many). Like most people, my taste changes now and then, but I have many pieces I will never part with that I still wear regularly. Other pieces that no longer fit my style I sell on the bay. I have also bought many pieces there. I am so happy he is back so I can collect some new styles!

Frequent Contributor

I just bought a wonderful necklace on ebays that is bold and substantial. Probably a piece from the past that's been retired for a long time. I then checked what QVC offers and noticed that pieces are smaller, lighter and more expensive. Does Michael Dawkins make anythings that is as high quality with weight to it as he did in the past?

The same is true about Carolyn Pollack chains. The pieces from long ago are high quality and substantial, and while she keeps the same chain designs she produced back then the amount of silver is way way less, whereas the prices are higher than what I can pay on ebay for a heavier piece.

How do these designers hope to continue selling their products? Are they making perhaps high end lines that have more weight?

Trusted Contributor

@kitty_nina wrote:

I just bought a wonderful necklace on ebays that is bold and substantial. Probably a piece from the past that's been retired for a long time. I then checked what QVC offers and noticed that pieces are smaller, lighter and more expensive. Does Michael Dawkins make anythings that is as high quality with weight to it as he did in the past?

The same is true about Carolyn Pollack chains. The pieces from long ago are high quality and substantial, and while she keeps the same chain designs she produced back then the amount of silver is way way less, whereas the prices are higher than what I can pay on ebay for a heavier piece.

How do these designers hope to continue selling their products? Are they making perhaps high end lines that have more weight?

You are so right especiaaly about Carolyn Pollack.  Her jewelry used to be quality but I fine her pieces currently to be  nothing but high priced junk.  I can't believe she has descended to this.