Valued Contributor

Louis Dell'Olio's new carnival necklace-DISAPPOINTED

I have been anxiously awaiting the new colors in Louis' Carnival Necklace as I have every one of the original necklaces and love them!  Purchased the new black, plum and caramel ones sight unseen; boy was I disappointed to actually see them.  Why did they have to mess up a good thing by making them multi color instead of tonal?  I do like the new black one, but I was hoping and expecting a tonal plum colored one as well as a completely tonal caramel one, not integrated with other colors.  I will wait to see in person, but most likely they will be returned as the tonal ones originally sold look so great on clothing, and that is what I surely thought these new colorways would be.  Guess we'll see.  Maybe Louis and his team will rethink and bring these colors out again as all in one color with varying tones. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Louis Dell'Olio's new carnival necklace-DISAPPOINTED

I love the color combinations!  Especially the purple and teal multis.  GIve it a try.  I hope you love them!

Honored Contributor

I imagine they did it because collectors wanted something new and change is good. And women like versatiliy.    Why buy something that you know you don't like just to look at it?  I don't understand that.  You already know you are going to return it.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree I believe she bought them without seeing a picture and before seeing them presented and was hoping for a repeat of the tonal hues rather than the multi configuration. I wonder if the pictures on the web site were unavailable at the time?

Honored Contributor

Buying three necklaces sight unseen is risky, especially at $71 apiece.

Valued Contributor

Chrystaltree, I must not have been clear.  I purchased the necklaces before the images were shown and of course before the on-air presentation.  I love my previous ones so much and just assumed these would be tonal as well since those were so popular.  I will wear them with an open mind and not just automatically return them, but just wanted to voice my personal opinion that I wish they had also been tonal.  Sorry if you were offended.  You must be a huge Linea fan, as I am too.