Respected Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

Don’t give up hope!  Your story reminds me of what once happened to me.  A long time ago I thought I had lost my diamond engagement ring and I had no clue where.  After a couple of months of my ring being lost, I figured it was gone forever.  Then one day my husband happened to put on a pair of gloves and there was my ring inside the glove finger. I had put my husband’s gloves on for a short time to move some wood into our wood burner and my ring came off when I removed the gloves.  So if you have worn any gloves lately, look inside them. 😃

@itsmagic :  That's a great story, but I haven't worn gloves since last year.  I haven't given up hope yet, but hope is dwindling each day.  It just baffles me where it could be.  I guess if we replace these rings I need a gps installed on them

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley Very Happy
Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Hoovermom 

Best Wishes in finding those rings.  I feel as if they will show up.

My Mom once lost the diamond from her engagement ring.  Weeks after a major man hunt, she was changing purses and found it at the very bottom.

Years later I misplaced my engagement ring.  Again, major searching.  After about a week, I thought to empty my purse, which I had searched several times, but had not emptied.  There was my ring.

Honey, go shake out that bag!  : 0 >    Just hoping for you.

Have you checked your bedside table?  For some reason I've started taking mine off in my sleep and putting them there.

@Drythe :  Thank you.  I have shaken everything multiple times to no avail.  DH usually goes behind me with each search but nothing yet.  Like I said earlier I take my wedding set off along with the other ring and must have done something unusual for me......housekeeper just left so off to check that vacuum container for it.

Respected Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

@Hoovermom I am another person who asks St. Anthony to pray that I will find lost items.  He has never failed me....I remember not being able to locate an important document at work.  Prayed for help....a few minutes later I pulled a seldom used file from the cabinet ...and there was my document!  My daughter lost a ring in our yard full of fallen leaves.  I told her to ask St. A.......and she found her ring on the driveway!

I just asked him to help you, too.  🌷

@alicedee :  That is so sweet of you to do that for me.  Prayer works.  Thank you so much.

Esteemed Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Hoovermom   I feel for you & hope it turns up soon!! If somehow it doesn't allow your DH to replace it. You deserve it .You've been a loving wife for 44 years.

@NicksmomESQ :  Oh thank you.  I say he is the best man that I know, and I mean that.  

@Hoovermom  There you go!! You have what really matters, a wonderful man!! ❤️

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Hoovermom   I feel for you & hope it turns up soon!! If somehow it doesn't allow your DH to replace it. You deserve it .You've been a loving wife for 44 years.

@NicksmomESQ :  Oh thank you.  I say he is the best man that I know, and I mean that.  

@Hoovermom  There you go!! You have what really matters, a wonderful man!! ❤️

@NicksmomESQ :  Yes, I do....very fortunate.

Honored Contributor

I thought I lost my wedding set, I was just sick...at the time I was helping out a sibilng with a new baby....I had taken off the rings and put them on the top of a china cabinet....how stupid of me...but did find them.  I personally would tear the house apart if you are sure you misplaced them at home.

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@Hoovermom 

Best Wishes in finding those rings.  I feel as if they will show up.

My Mom once lost the diamond from her engagement ring.  Weeks after a major man hunt, she was changing purses and found it at the very bottom.

Years later I misplaced my engagement ring.  Again, major searching.  After about a week, I thought to empty my purse, which I had searched several times, but had not emptied.  There was my ring.

Honey, go shake out that bag!  : 0 >    Just hoping for you.

Have you checked your bedside table?  For some reason I've started taking mine off in my sleep and putting them there.

@Drythe :  Thank you.  I have shaken everything multiple times to no avail.  DH usually goes behind me with each search but nothing yet.  Like I said earlier I take my wedding set off along with the other ring and must have done something unusual for me......housekeeper just left so off to check that vacuum container for it.

@Hoovermom 

DH always checks after me too!  He says I was born without the 'finder' gene.  Sadly, it is true, I can look right past the very thing I'm looking for.  And if I'm anxious about finding something - forget about it.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

I know just what you're going through, Hoovermom. Once I bought some cards at the card shop. You know how small and flat a bag can be when you do that.  So I couldn't find my ring set. Finally, going through the kitchen garbage, there they were-in the card bag!! What a crazy thing!  😖

Keep looking and keep the faith- they'll turn up, especially if you didn't go outside, as someone else said. 💗

Trusted Contributor

This happened to me about 35 years ago . I went nuts crying. I had been to lunch with my mom and swore I had left them in the restroom when I  washed my hands. 

Well the next morning my 5 year old son came in our bedroom  when he heard we were awake and he had them on his thumb. I had taken them off when I  put lotion on my hands and left them on my night stand.

Don't give up. As they say things happen in mysterious ways.

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry to read this, @Hoovermom .

One day my mom and I came home after shopping for a Christmas Tree, and she realized her wedding ring was gone! 

We immediately went back and searched every tree branch and the trampled dirt & tree needles with a flashlight. Then repeated this search in daylight day after day, even after Christmas. She never found it.

I share this to show you even impossible things around your house or in the yard, like the branch of a fir tree, should be included in your search.

Don't dismiss any part of the search as being too implausible. Best of luck to you!.