Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Looking for phone number for Affinity Gems

Would any of you who own Affinity gemstone pieces happen to have their contact information? I called QVC, but they didn't have anything. The CS rep tried searching on Google for numbers, but they didn't work out. Unfortunately, the Q cannot provide me with the answers I'm looking for, so I really need to call the company. If anyone has the number, I would very much appreciate knowing it. Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Looking for phone number for Affinity Gems

Since it's one of their proprietary brands, I would contact QVC with any issues or concerns about the products.

https://www.qvc.com/content/featured/proprietary-brands-qvc.html

Valued Contributor

When I emailed the Qvc Social Team about a Affinity Gems item not being shipped,  they responded that they referred my question to the "Vendor Relations" team that worked with that particular vendor.  This doesn't answer your question, but apparently there is a way that qvc communicates with them.

Trusted Contributor

@qualityshopper Maybe you should ask the great people here on this forum. I have found some useful information and perhaps, maybe someone here can give you the answers you can't seem to find. 

Honored Contributor

@qualityshopper    Affinity is a QVC - owned proprietary brand probably made by one or more contractors overseas.  What do you need a know about it that a good jeweler couldn't tell you? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I've asked QVC, more than once, if they could provide me with contact info for Affinity. They've told me that they DO NOT have any way for me to get in touch with them. Prior to asking for a way to reach the company, I, of course, started out with trying to get the answers I wanted directly from QVC customer service. After 3 separate attemps, plus a call back from a supervisor, I still don't have any answers! To me, it's unbelievable that someone at QVC wouldn't be able to supply me with the info I'm seeking.

As for what I'm trying to find out about, it's concerning whether certain items I recently purchased during their jewelry event are actually made using sleeping beauty turquoise. When they offered the Affinity tennis bracelets as the TSV (one of which was definitely sleeping beauty turquoise), they also presented pendants and earrings that were supposed to be a match for all of the bracelet choices. I know I heard them use the words "sleeping beauty" as they showed these pieces, but upon going to the page descriptions for those items, nowhere does it state that they are indeed SB. The descriptions only say turquoise. (The bracelet's page does say SB, however.) I simply want to verify that the pendant and earrings are as they said--sleeping beauty, but no one at QVC can do so, which is really strange to me.

If they're not SB, i will return them because I know i can get other forms of turquoise for a lower price.I'm only willing to pay this amount if they are truly SB. I know some of you do not like SB (I believe, Kachina624, that you're one that doesn't care for it), but I do. So, since I do prefer matrix-free turquoise, I want it to be the real thing (nothing wrong with matrix, I just prefer not to have it).

Esteemed Contributor

Affinity Gems is just QVC's branded name for its own gemstone jewelry.  

Your answer is likely in the description. They have an association with GIA, so they're usually pretty careful about claims...in writing, that is.

Two options: call the corporate offices and ask if they can get an answer from their jewelry buying team, or, if your local jeweler (not a chain) has a graduate gemologist on staff, they could tell you.

Valued Contributor

@Sammycat1 --The description just says turquoise, not sleeping beauty turquoise, even though the hosts clearly said was SB. Since customer service has no idea if these pieces really are SB, I decided to ask for corporate's address to write a letter. I like your idea better, though, to see about calling instead. If I can get their number, I'll do that. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Do you like the piece?  If you don't love it, send it back or it will haunt you.  Then you have the money for a piece you know is Sleeping Beauty.  The price climbs every year and you might end up priced out completely.  Personally I don't care, if I like the piece I keep it.

Honored Contributor

I keep coming back here to see if you had any success.  Kachina and others have told us how they make Sleeping Beauty,  It is ground up powder that is stabilized with some sort of "glue."  I got on a black light kick a couple years back and tested a ring I got from Paul Deasy at Shop HQ.  Two of the three stones glowed, one did not.  So there are different composition formulas.