Respected Contributor

Re: Looking at some gemstones today

[ Edited ]

The most recent gemstone I bought was one I'd been interested in buying for years.  It's a bi-color tourmaline (some folks might call it a watermelon tourmaline.)

I just love it but it was very hard finding one that had an almost equal amount green and pink AND was not heavily included.  So it's not a large stone, but it's colorful, clear and I love it.

Before that, I bought a pink sapphire bracelet, which is now my 2nd favorite gem piece.Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal  What's Bixbite?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624,

Best way is to show you. If you would go into JTV, look at that ring, I don't own it (yet?) but it's OWH008. You can see the red coloring. In the description it tells you about the Bixbite. It's a beautiful color. I just love it.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal  So it's a lab created stone.  It appears to be the same color as rhodolite garnet which is a natural stone.  Have you checked it out?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Yes, @Kachina624,

They are 2 different things.

Honored Contributor

Lately I have been more attracted to Lee Sands, Jay King type jewelry. Jade, tiger's eye, chalcedonny, adventurine, coral, lapis etc etc. More opaque stones. Jasper - esp. picture jasper and lace agate and malachite I think are just as beautiful as any faceted precious genstone. My particular favorite is rose quartz - which is my alternative birthstone. Luck for me these stones are much less expensive, and are usually set in silver. Recently I bought a bracelet made entirely from seashells that the artist cut into beads then strung. All neural colors and beautiful layers or waves in shades of color.