Honored Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson offering a 45000 dollar necklace on her website

[ Edited ]

@culebra wrote:

The fact that LR is doing this a second time means she made money the first time.

Yes @culebra.  I think she was greatly successful while at QVC.  I still think she may have bit the hand that fed her royaly. 

As with most large companies, QVC handled, paid for, and arranged her travel, medical & life insurance, provided hair & makeup supplies and makeup artists for assistance, social media, free PR, marketing on other shows, etc.

Now Lisa is her own boss handling ALL those responsibilities, plus legal business issues, business taxes, full compensation packages (salary/medical/life) for her assistants, warehousing, inventory control, returns logisitics, branding, business loans, annual growth and revenue analysis, multi-year business plan, advertising (oh wait, she has posters on this forum for that), and so much more that a company takes care of behind the scene.

No wonder she is on her couch every night, the woman is tired (tongue in cheek)!  But she seems very happy, and that's really all that matters.  I wish her well.

Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

OMG LR is bringing back her couture jewelry and the pricing is between 3000 to 45000. That diamond necklace for 45000 is just stunning. These are the most beautiful pieces i have ever seen. What a privilege Lisa can bring these.

I think you should buy one.

And one for your gift drawer.

Honored Contributor

Ugly jewelry.

Honored Contributor

I would never spend that much on any jewelry, but I wish her well. I liked her as a host on PM Style. 

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@Kachina624 thanks for providing pictures, now we can see what the OP was talking about.

@AuntG.  Her Facebook page is open to anyone to see. If it asks for password, just hit enter a few times. selling all this stuff she has to have her page open to the public.

Valued Contributor

As if the people with that kind of $ to spend on jewelry are buying from a LR website

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

She is selling a copy of a Cartier necklace with matching earrings. If I want the original I wouldn't be purchasing it from Lisa unless they are estate pieces on consignment.

I just checked the color and clarity. There are SI goods in this necklace. Is Lisa losing her mind? There is absolutely nothing about this necklace that would deem this price tag with SI diamonds.

Another question.....where did she source these pieces of jewelry that she is selling? Obviously not from a high end jeweler who would be embarassed to sell anything with SI diamonds and call it high end jewelry.

Super Contributor

It's difficult to know how well her business is doing. I do think if the two ladies whom were former QVC employees would leave, then she would have a big problem. These two are doing the hard work. I am sure Lisa works hard too but mostly getting "sexy" for her on air videos and photo shopping her many pictures. That sounds snarky so maybe she feels a need to project "her image" in order to sell "her brand". 

Honored Contributor

People have found her x-mas items on other sites for a lot less money.  They might be beautiful but they too are overpriced.

Even if I thought that jewelry posted here was pretty and had the money to buy it, I don't know where I would wear anything like that.  And I just cannot imagine spending that kind of money on anything, sight unseen.   

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

@Kachina624 thanks for providing pictures, now we can see what the OP was talking about.

@AuntG.  Her Facebook page is open to anyone to see. If it asks for password, just hit enter a few times. selling all this stuff she has to have her page open to the public.

You don't need to be on FB.  She has a website.  It's her name.com and that is where all this stuff is sold.