Respected Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson offering a 45000 dollar necklace on her website

[ Edited ]

I have nothing against Lisa and I like her but honestly IMO people really need to question what they're doing with their money.

My engagement ring didn't even cost $4,500. Money is power. Hold on to your hard earned money so you can have financial security in life. That's a lot of money to pay for a piece of jewelry that is not for a special occasion. My wedding cost less than $10,000. It was beautiful. I negotiated everything and planned ahead. 

$45,000 or even $4,500 for a necklace is absolutely insane to me.

Every single penny adds up. Women have so much power at their fingertips because almost every industry is trying to literally take all of our money out of our pockets. We should be our money's best steward. 

Don't give your money to make someone else rich when that person should be yourself. Lisa is getting so rich and in the end her customers will just have a shiny bauble to show for it. She will in turn double or triple her money because she's most likely investing it very well. 

Women need to think about how they're empowering so many people in society but in turn society is not a fair playing field for us. We make less and most likely do most of the spending since we need so many more things than men do. 

Buying a super expensive necklace just to wear when you could take that money and save it, invest it or start a business with it doesn't make sense to me. Not even if I was making 6 figures would I casually drop not even $1000 on a random item. It's bonkers. 

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

LR's Christmas items are vey nice, and quality pieces, not run of the mill.  I saw a few pieces I liked and would've ordered...all sold out...same goes for some jewelry pieces that caught my eye:/  As far as purchasing the diamond pieces offered, beyond ridiculous to purchase sight unseen, and imo, overpriced.

Honored Contributor

Maybe my taste is just too plebeian but Lisa's $45,000 and matching $14,000 earrings are far from the most beautiful I've ever seen.   They look like a child with a ruler designed them

diamond-bib-necklace3_large.jpg

Diamond-earrinbs5_large.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 thanks for providing pictures, now we can see what the OP was talking about.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624    I don't know, but I think these would look great with my flip flops and shorts.   

Honored Contributor

good luck selling it.  An item in that price range I would think would be difficult to sell online.  What is she doing?  Starting her own little qvc?

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

good luck selling it.  An item in that price range I would think would be difficult to sell online.  What is she doing?  Starting her own little qvc?

From the outside looking in, that seems to be exactly what she is doing.  If she left QVC to do something different, she apparently changed her mind.  Apparently she sells everything,  not only jewelry -- so yeah, a QVC of one.  

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Katcat1  Selling is all she knows.  In everything else, she's strictly unskilled labor. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Please go away lr fans!!!!
Respected Contributor

The fact that LR is doing this a second time means she made money the first time.