Contributor

Per their website they will close 12/21/14.

Respected Contributor

For the holidays or permanently?

Trusted Contributor

WOW! A lot of competition out there!

Respected Contributor

For good, just looked at it on the Chicago Tribune page. Wow. Sign of the times i guess.

Contributor

They were bought out by Avon a few years ago.

Respected Contributor

Are they still going to sell via home parties or is the entire company going out of business? I never bought any of their jewelry, as I prefer to buy real sterling silver or 14k gold, but their designs were beautiful. I was always hoping they'd start a line of real silver jewelry.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Contributor

I think Silpada was the one bought by Avon.

Contributor

Oh, and it looks like it is for good. If you order through a rep, you can get 50% off.

Esteemed Contributor

I was invited to a home party years ago....when the Q was selling real sterling silver very cheap....or should I say reasonable...

Well this Lia Sophia was pretty....but way more expensive then what I could buy from the Q. including s&h....

I never attend any home parties...unless its a friend...and many times I say no to them....anyway I had a terrible time trying to find something to buy because I hated putting out the money for non-sterling silver....

I bought some small thing...hated myself for not being able to say I didn't want anything...and I never wore the piece of jewelry when I received it...

Respected Contributor

Silpada then bought themselves back from Avon about a year ago at a lower price. Interesting.