Contributor

Re: Let's Discuss: Judith Ripka March 2014 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Hi Peach-- Are you okay?? I think you are a bit closer to the epicenter than we are. We've felt all four quakes tonight--the foreshock, the 5.1 and the 3.4 and 3.6 aftershocks. I will never get used to these. The aftershock sequence has been strong. It is eerily calm and still outside and that is not a good feeling--more like a foreboding.

Two friends of mine live super close to the epicenter and now have cracks in their walls and lots of broken things on the floor.

Take care!

Sami

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's Discuss: Judith Ripka March 2014 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

On 3/28/2014 LuckyPeach said:
On 3/27/2014 Dallas-Dame said:

Hi, Peach. I'm so happy to hear that you received your gorgeous cuff and understand fully how disappointing the presentation of such an important purchase can be. I hope you find it to be flawless and enjoy it in happiness and health. I received my yellow-clad diamonique rolo toggle bracelet on Tuesday. It was poorly packaged in a small plastic bag with no labels nor bubble wrap. Upon initial inspection, it looks flawless. I plan to view more carefully this weekend and will make my decision from there. The links on both the silver and yellow clad are perfectly soldered. I realize that Judith has no control over the packaging/shipping of our products but so wish a $750+ bracelet had arrived more appropriately packaged.

My regards!!

Dallas-Dame, sorry that your incredible bracelet was also poorly packaged and glad to know the links are closed and soldered. I do think that JR could weigh in and insist that the presentation is improved. Often also necklaces are squeezed into bracelet/enhancer boxes instead of being shipped and laid out beautifully in the necklace boxes. I cannot remember the last time I received a necklace in a necklace box. Hope your test run this weekend with your clad DMQ rolo passes inspection! Take care~Peach

PS~We just had a 5.3 shaker ten minutes ago, the biggest I've felt in five years. DH called the intensity right on the money. Have to say, as a native Midwesterner used to tornados, earthquakes really un-nerve me! Some of our hanging windchimes are still swaying and our lovebird is not happy and squawking. {#emotions_dlg.scared} Yikes!!

I so hope that you and yours are doing well in the aftermath of the quake, Peach!

On a much less important note, the poorly packaged yellow clad diamonique toggle bracelet is perfect. Plan to write reviews in the appropriate thread during the weekend. Hope you're enjoying your stunning new cuff.

Be safe!

Valued Contributor

On 3/28/2014 samigini said:

Hi Peach-- Are you okay?? I think you are a bit closer to the epicenter than we are. We've felt all four quakes tonight--the foreshock, the 5.1 and the 3.4 and 3.6 aftershocks. I will never get used to these. The aftershock sequence has been strong. It is eerily calm and still outside and that is not a good feeling--more like a foreboding.

Two friends of mine live super close to the epicenter and now have cracks in their walls and lots of broken things on the floor.

Take care!

Sami

Sami, OMG--that was freaky, right? Sort of like a sickening feeling in the pit of the stomach--yes, the feeling of foreboding *shudders*. After so many years in the Chicago area, living through the Oak Lawn tornado and seeing the funnel clouds more than once above the corn fields, I was used to them. But earthquakes are awful, no insurance for them, either. Very sorry to hear that your friends have cracks in their walls, that sounds sooo expensive to repair. Just another reminder that we are not the ones in charge here on this planet!!! Take care, too! ~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 3/29/2014 Dallas-Dame said:
On 3/28/2014 LuckyPeach said:
On 3/27/2014 Dallas-Dame said:

Hi, Peach. I'm so happy to hear that you received your gorgeous cuff and understand fully how disappointing the presentation of such an important purchase can be. I hope you find it to be flawless and enjoy it in happiness and health. I received my yellow-clad diamonique rolo toggle bracelet on Tuesday. It was poorly packaged in a small plastic bag with no labels nor bubble wrap. Upon initial inspection, it looks flawless. I plan to view more carefully this weekend and will make my decision from there. The links on both the silver and yellow clad are perfectly soldered. I realize that Judith has no control over the packaging/shipping of our products but so wish a $750+ bracelet had arrived more appropriately packaged.

My regards!!

Dallas-Dame, sorry that your incredible bracelet was also poorly packaged and glad to know the links are closed and soldered. I do think that JR could weigh in and insist that the presentation is improved. Often also necklaces are squeezed into bracelet/enhancer boxes instead of being shipped and laid out beautifully in the necklace boxes. I cannot remember the last time I received a necklace in a necklace box. Hope your test run this weekend with your clad DMQ rolo passes inspection! Take care~Peach

PS~We just had a 5.3 shaker ten minutes ago, the biggest I've felt in five years. DH called the intensity right on the money. Have to say, as a native Midwesterner used to tornados, earthquakes really un-nerve me! Some of our hanging windchimes are still swaying and our lovebird is not happy and squawking. {#emotions_dlg.scared} Yikes!!

I so hope that you and yours are doing well in the aftermath of the quake, Peach!

On a much less important note, the poorly packaged yellow clad diamonique toggle bracelet is perfect. Plan to write reviews in the appropriate thread during the weekend. Hope you're enjoying your stunning new cuff.

Be safe!

Thanks, Dallas-Dame! Yeah, we're fine, just a bit un-nerved. Glad to hear the bracelet is perfect. I'll be putting up the April all review thread on Monday, a day early, for all the new "stuff" Ripkanistas have received and wish to review. Take care~Peach