Valued Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka October 2014 visit--what are you getting/interested in?...:)

On 10/10/2014 Pepper22 said:

LuckyPeach, I'm so sorry to read about your beloved Yorkies. I pray they will pull through. What a stressful time for you! If you can please keep us posted. Our pets are indeed members of our families. I know my calico cat, Charlie, is a member of my family. She will be two years old later this month. When she was 4 months old her mother got killed on the road. Her human family are friends with one of my daughters. I was offered this tiny little bundle. She would lay on my shoulder to sleep & I had to feed her replacement milk to nourish her. When she as about 7 months old she no longer would lay on my lap. She was my hubby's!! I wasn't happy. About a month ago she started laying on my lap again & letting me pet her!! I am very happy about this. She's a beautiful cat with lots of white on the bottom half of her body.

Now for QVC. I was so shocked by the passing of Joan Rivers. I didn't purchase anything of hers but would watch occasionally. I especially loved the few shows she did with Dennis Basso!! And now Lisa is leaving the Q. I have to remind myself that people leave jobs all the time. Its just that with hosts we are so used to seeing them on the tv. We have to remember that they have dreams & goals that might go beyond being on QVC. I wish her the best!!!

Usually about 5 days or so before Judith's visits I start going thru her Q inventory. Lots of times there will be items placed on easy pays then. That way I can get home pieces I have been eyeing. This time the Q was having site issues that were extremely frustrating. I'm glad that they got them under control before her actual on air time.

Pepper, I was hoping you would stop by! So much has been happening, right? It is almost too much to bear and worse for us with immune issues.

Thanks for the support over the disaster that is going on with our Yorkies. DH is saying it doesn't seem right that we adopt and then possibly have to sacrifice another. The two larger Yorkies, the newbie who was struck really hard, is recovering, as is our other large Yorkie who we've had since he was 11 months old in 2006 and abandoned by his human at the shelter. He still isn't confident because of that experience. It is our little one who is really taking it very hard. I have to feed him by eye dropper and only very soft foods he cannot cough out and honey water. The conventional medicines have failed him so now I'm trying the Four Thieves blend which seems to be having some effect --really interesting stuff which I got for my pneumonia a few months ago. He is still alert so there is hope, but it is tough because he is already fragile due to his immune issue, an illness called Pemphigus. I was petting dogs at the shelter a couple of years ago and as I walked out saw a lady waiting who looked just like Oprah's friend Gayle King with him to surrender him. I told her how cute he was and about my other Yorkies and she took me around the corner and gave him to me. Once at home we realized how sick he was and $1K later we had him diagnosed and his illness managed. He is the sweetest and bravest little guy!

Your Charlie sounds so beautiful and nice. I'm glad she came back to you! I believe animals know when you are saving them --the love they give comes back 100-fold. She is very lucky to have you! DH and I have the same thing happen with the dogs going back and forth as to whom they favor...lol.

Yes, what happened to Joan was so shocking. I believe Dennis spoke at her funeral. She had a major impact on me and I always kept up with her from when she first appeared on Johnny Carson. Her Q shows with Kathy Levine were the best. I really miss her.

With Lisa, I wish her happiness. She gave so much to the Q for twenty years and maybe it is time for her to have a personal life. She has earned it. I do remember when Jane Treacy left and then came back. You never know....

Is there anything this time that tickled your fancy of Judith's? What have you been eyeing?

How have you been feeling? Please take care!!! ~Peach

Respected Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka October 2014 visit--what are you getting/interested in?...:)

On 10/10/2014 LuckyPeach said:
On 10/10/2014 Favorite Son said:

I think I am going to break down and get the 14k gold clad pearl system to wear with my 18k pieces. I have been wanting it for a while, and I think the price is about as low as it will go. By the way, I am watching a bit of this 10:00 a.m. show, and it is so nice to see PJD freed of the other capacity in which I usually glimpse her, as some other host's whipping girl. She is doing a great job.

Favorite Son, how's it going? That system is awesome. I have two of them (clad) and wish I knew the future and hadn't gotten the first one as a TSV. I love Pat and agree that she does a great job. "Whipping girl" - LOL! Hope you love the pearl system and please review! I'm waiting for all of the inserts to have down-to-Earth prices so I can maximize my options.
Take care~Peach

Yes, I would like to have one of the sets of inserts, too, and I don't really even care which color because I wear both green and blue a lot. Patience, patience. They will eventually be marked down. I have bought so little this past year as the prices have skyrocketed and nothing really suited my taste. I like the plainer pieces without a lot of Diamonique. But this fall I decided I wasn't going to get stuck in the corduroy rut at work this winter, and started wearing my winter skirts again. I also bought a few turtleneck sweaters, and have been layering big bunches of pearls on those turtlenecks, so the gold clad pearls are a good investment.

Super Contributor

Hi LuckyPeach, so sorry to hear about the kennel cough of your little dogs. I hope they are improving. We are having our usual S. Fla. high 80s & humidity here so not as hot where you are.

Ordered the new thin citrine cuff and another silver interchangeable pearl necklace that I just love. Also ordered LTS multi gemstone heart enhancer with the MOP in center and various blue stones--it's beautiful. Hope you are enjoying wearing your new 118 facet cuff you received. Looking forward to seeing the 3pm show later. Have a great weekend! donna

Valued Contributor

On 10/11/2014 Favorite Son said:
On 10/10/2014 LuckyPeach said:
On 10/10/2014 Favorite Son said:

I think I am going to break down and get the 14k gold clad pearl system to wear with my 18k pieces. I have been wanting it for a while, and I think the price is about as low as it will go. By the way, I am watching a bit of this 10:00 a.m. show, and it is so nice to see PJD freed of the other capacity in which I usually glimpse her, as some other host's whipping girl. She is doing a great job.

Favorite Son, how's it going? That system is awesome. I have two of them (clad) and wish I knew the future and hadn't gotten the first one as a TSV. I love Pat and agree that she does a great job. "Whipping girl" - LOL! Hope you love the pearl system and please review! I'm waiting for all of the inserts to have down-to-Earth prices so I can maximize my options.
Take care~Peach

Yes, I would like to have one of the sets of inserts, too, and I don't really even care which color because I wear both green and blue a lot. Patience, patience. They will eventually be marked down. I have bought so little this past year as the prices have skyrocketed and nothing really suited my taste. I like the plainer pieces without a lot of Diamonique. But this fall I decided I wasn't going to get stuck in the corduroy rut at work this winter, and started wearing my winter skirts again. I also bought a few turtleneck sweaters, and have been layering big bunches of pearls on those turtlenecks, so the gold clad pearls are a good investment.

Favorite Son, I sure hope the inserts eventually get marked down and don't disappear or hold on for years like some other pieces have.

You brought back memories with the mention of corduroy. Turtlenecks are a favorite, too, (and so youthful looking) but since I've left Chicago for LA, almost impossible to wear on a regular basis. Pearls on turtlenecks are such a sporty, yet elegant look. ~Peach

Valued Contributor

On 10/11/2014 donnaluby said:

Hi LuckyPeach, so sorry to hear about the kennel cough of your little dogs. I hope they are improving. We are having our usual S. Fla. high 80s & humidity here so not as hot where you are.

Ordered the new thin citrine cuff and another silver interchangeable pearl necklace that I just love. Also ordered LTS multi gemstone heart enhancer with the MOP in center and various blue stones--it's beautiful. Hope you are enjoying wearing your new 118 facet cuff you received. Looking forward to seeing the 3pm show later. Have a great weekend! donna

Hello Donna!! High 80s and humidity...where can I sign up? I hate the dry, 90s+ heat--bad for the skin, too! Thanks for thinking about my pooches. Now it is really the littlest one, who is down to 3 lbs.--"Pootie"--and not getting better. After the failure of conventional meds, I've been trying the potent 4 Thieves combo and see some improvement--he's stopped getting worse. If that stuff doesn't kill the bug, I don't know what will.

I think you and I are big fans of LTS! I have that heart enhancer and matching LTS earrings, too. Got the 118 facet bangle, not cuff, possibly the last one in stock. I've had Diamonique since 1990 but this piece is the most sparkly I've ever seen.

Congrats on the new Citrine cuff and sterling interchangeable! Enjoy the last couple shows!! Take care~Peach

Frequent Contributor

Hi Peach! So sorry to hear that your little pups are having issues.....it always makes you feel so helpless when they aren't well. We just recovered from the Jewish holidays and baking and now I'm gearing.up for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I vowed I'd try to do more ahead of time and freeze it to pace myself. I ordered the new quilted leather strap watch, but was SO tempted by the GG and pearl necklace from yesterday's shows and the GG cuff from the 3pm show. I fell asleep during the show, but had it on the DVR. Looking forward to the 7pm show. I hope it is with Lisa. Will miss her and Judith together when she leaves in Dec. Hope the puppies get well soon!
Valued Contributor

On 10/11/2014 ghb said: Hi Peach! So sorry to hear that your little pups are having issues.....it always makes you feel so helpless when they aren't well. We just recovered from the Jewish holidays and baking and now I'm gearing.up for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I vowed I'd try to do more ahead of time and freeze it to pace myself. I ordered the new quilted leather strap watch, but was SO tempted by the GG and pearl necklace from yesterday's shows and the GG cuff from the 3pm show. I fell asleep during the show, but had it on the DVR. Looking forward to the 7pm show. I hope it is with Lisa. Will miss her and Judith together when she leaves in Dec. Hope the puppies get well soon!

GHB!! Hmmm, your baking sounds very enticing--what sort of goodies do you bake?

Thanks, re: sick dogs. I DO feel helpless and that's the worst. I sure hope my little guy makes it. Thanks for the good wishes.

Congrats on the new quilted strap watch! Which color did you get? How did you finally decide on the GG/pearl necklace?

ITA that Lisa and Judith are a perfect match. Take care and thanks for the newsy post. ~Peach

Valued Contributor

Ripkanistas: Is anyone getting the OTO Eclipse choices or Turquoise doublet ring? So many choices.... ~Peach

Trusted Contributor

I haven't purchased any Judith Ripka in years, but I'm seriously considering the watch with the quilted band. I want to replace a JR watch I had from 2007 -- probably one of the first she offered -- that was stolen when my house was burglarized last year.

I like this one because it's simple and the price is reasonable, but still on the fence. Anyone else getting it?

Contributor

Hi Lucky Peach! It has been a long time since I have been on the forum. I have the house to myself and I am tuned in watching JR. I took the plunge on the GG ring OTO. Looking forward to the presentation of those pieces! Hope you doing well. I was sorry to read about your new pups health issues. Poor babies. How have you been? We were out West this past summer and enjoyed beautiful California! We worked in some college visits also but did not make it the LA area so we didn't get to visit Cal Tech, one of the schools on my daughter's list. I know she would get an outstanding education there but just not sure about the surrounding area.I know you are in that general vicinity so please let me know your thoughts. Back to JR, boy this is a great show! I may have to get the GG enhancer as well but I am trying to be good! Smiley Happy