Esteemed Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka March 2015 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Peach, DH went to the area as you instructed and thinks he found the correct page. Does the person in question's first name begin with "L"?

Super Contributor

Re: Let's DISCUSS: Judith Ripka March 2015 visit--what are you getting/interested in?... :)

Hi Peach!

I didn't know you were going through tough health issues now. Sending you a hug and hope you feel great soon!

Same to you, Sweet Pepper!

This has been a stressful winter for many of us, and I look forward to sunshine and sparkles!

Valued Contributor

On 3/12/2015 Sammycat1 said:

Peach, DH went to the area as you instructed and thinks he found the correct page. Does the person in question's first name begin with "L"?

Sammycat, yes, he found it...great! See what I mean about the TMI with personal info? Am going to edit now. Thanks for getting back to me! Take care~Peach

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/12/2015 LuckyPeach said:
On 3/12/2015 elated said:
On 3/12/2015 PRMINS said:

I call her Judith-Ripoff. To charge 200 to 400 dollars for sterling silver that has a resale value of 15.62 an ounce melted down is to me criminal. Usually the stones are not worth anything if taken to a jewelers. I get that people may have the money and like to collect her things but really--she and the Q actually sleep at night? Oh well, just buyer beware. Not worth it if you are looking for any kind of return up the road.

ITA. I have not bought anything from her line in years. Overpriced and not a designer quality with diamonique in all of her designs. I never watch when she is on air.

elated, doesn't sound like you are experiencing the emotion demonstrated in your Q nickname. DMQ is not in all of JR's designs. Thank-you for sharing your opinion. Sincerely~Peach

Get a life!!! Just because I do not share your enthusiasm over Judith Ripka does not mean I do not have a good life. If this is your life line--- I feel sorry for you. She has diamonique in 97% of her designs---if that is what you want to call her line.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/12/2015 TeachRsPet said: I'm open to something as I haven't bought any Ripka for some time. I'm a bangle girl but it's a no for me as I have the original auto delivery ones with a purple when they were $99 (sigh) and another blue topaz bangle from years ago with 3 large stones.

Same here for me too- I bought the 'live' cuff. Nice sale, it's $99!! I couldn't decide between 'live' and 'laugh' - but I figured 'live' encompasses laughing more each day.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/12/2015 Sammycat1 said:

Sammycat, yes, he found it...great! See what I mean about the TMI with personal info? Am going to edit now. Thanks for getting back to me! Take care~Peach

DH says to thank you. He's all tingly now reading about the tech stuff. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Contributor

Maybe I am odd, but I am just not into Judith Ripka jewelry. I have a beautiful rose quartz pendant/enhancer because I love that particular stone from years ago and had bought the matching earrings, but the stones didn't match in quality compared to the pendant and hung oddly on my ears so ended up sending them back. Her pieces are just a little too busy for me and all look the same...not to mention the prices being so high imho. It might tempt me if she made more pieces using crystal quartz. She did in the past, but by the time I got home from work, and had enough sleep after working midnights they were always sold out.

Now, with Q letting go of so many of their great designers Judith seems to be the Queen Bee of this channel and its just like hearing the same song on the radio too often.

My tastes run much more eclectic and a little more modern. All of her designs seem to have the same rope theme running through them. Sure wish she would expand her line to include something totally new if all we are going to get to see is her jewelry.

Shoot, I am feeling like such a complainer and that totally isn't me to be this way. I just miss the variety we used to have so much where there had been a flavor for everyone. Ya know?

Super Contributor

On 3/12/2015 jewelfool said:

Looking forward to the shows today. I ordered J317224 earrings the other day. I just love earrings and I was itching to buy something earlier in the week!

JewelFool, nice choice! Very cute and classic!! I love forward-facing hoops...especially JR's. Has anything else tickled your fancy? Take care~Peach

YES!! I ordered the turquoise gold clad front facing earrings J323106, the enhancer, and the gold clad bangle J318018....BAD GIRL...I'm never going to be able to retire! Thank you Peach!

Trusted Contributor

Jewel fool, I really like your turq. purchases. So far I have not ventured down this Turq. Path. That's opening another can of worms for me. Buy one, you have to buy another and on and on it goes. I do love Judiths gold clad and it's so hard to resist. Well the only damage her last trip cost me was 2 TSV bangles, Amy and L. Blue. I'm hoping the blue is softer and not so dark. Under the presentation lighting, it's so bright and colored, you really don't know what it's going to look like till you get it. Well gals, we all ought to love Judiths stuff Smiley Wink) when it arrives. I'm surprised the TSV items only went up $15. I so wanted the A-D, I ordered and cancelled. Now regret. Oh well....you can't own them all.
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/12/2015 ibb38 said:
On 3/12/2015 TeachRsPet said: I'm open to something as I haven't bought any Ripka for some time. I'm a bangle girl but it's a no for me as I have the original auto delivery ones with a purple when they were $99 (sigh) and another blue topaz bangle from years ago with 3 large stones.

Same here for me too- I bought the 'live' cuff. Nice sale, it's $99!! I couldn't decide between 'live' and 'laugh' - but I figured 'live' encompasses laughing more each day.

The item # is J293935. I changed my choice to 'laugh' after seeing the video, the word 'live' seemed to get a little lost on the models wrists. And laughter is the best medicine after all! Smile